Chapter 9

"I can't believe you let Kyle touch your boob!" Natasha squealed, tightly gripping my arm. News of the double date had made it's way around the school and with that, my not so bright moment had spread too.

"He questioned my femininity!" I weakly shoved my annoying best friend.

"Well you sure proved your point." She replied, with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes in response, unable to come up with a worthy enough comeback.

The number of eyes and smirks directed towards me was insane. People were looking at me like they knew my dirty little secrets, which in a way, they did.

"Here comes James." Natasha wiggled her eyebrows. I instantly felt guilty, which was unexplainable, seeing as we weren't together or anything. It's just that, after confessing to myself that I liked James, I had gone out on a date with Kyle.

The first words that came from his mouth made my heart speed up.

"You and Kyle,huh?" He raised an eyebrow.

I gave him my best confused look, attempting to stay in control.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow in return.

James awkwardly laughed.

"Your date- um. It's like, everywhere."

"Oh." Was all I could reply with.

"So," he coughed, "are you two a thing or..." He let his sentence die down.

"Oh, hell no." I shook my head, vehemently denying even the idea of Kyle and I.

"That was all taken out of context. I was doing Jay a favour. He needed someone to double date with and I stupidly went along with it. I swear he tricked me, cause he didn't tell me.... I'm rambling aren't I?" I blushed slightly.

"Just a little." He smirked, gently bumping me.

We continues walking together, a bit of banter between the two of us, then James brought up the elephant in the room.

"The picture. Why would you let Kyle do that?" He cautiously asked.

"Oh, it's not what it looked like. I kinda made him, to prove a point." I instantly groaned when I realized how that sounded.

I basically confessed to my crush that I had made his band mate touch my boob. Great.

Before I could say anything to save myself, an arm wrapped around my waist. Instinctively, I would've pulled away, but the arm was oddly comforting.

"Hey,babe."

No. No. No. This was not happening. Since the arrival of crash and burn it was as though my life has become some weird reality TV show.

"Get your arm off of me, or I swear I will cut off your balls." I said through gritted teeth.

Kyle simply laughed in response.

"If I were you, I'd run, Douchepants."

He finally let me go, putting his arms up in fake surrender. His smirk was prominent as he walked away from James away.

"Later, man. I'll see you next  period, Carter."

God, I hated it when people called me by my last name.

"He really, um.. Brings out another side of you." James smirked.

"Yeah, the homicidal side." I mumbled, causing James to laugh.

Wow, he had a cute laugh.

We continued walking around together, in a completely non awkward silence.

"Hey, Annabelle." James broke the silence.

"Yeah?" I replied, looking up at the blue eyed boy.

"I was wondering, if- I mean seeing as there's nothing going on between you and Kyle."

He spoke so nervously, causing my heart beat to increase rapidly.

"Do you maybe wanna go out sometime?" He quickly spoke.

Was this really happening? James was asking me out on a date. The famous Crash and Burn member had chosen little old me to ask out? He could have had any girl but he was asking a loudmouth, sarcastic girl who completely hated his band?

The answer would potentially change my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: You guys must hate me :( I'm so sorry for the lack of an update... And I'm sorry this chapter is so short. My computer won't let me update, so I'm doing this on my phone.

Please vote/comment etc

And please check out my friend's book AWL! I dedicated the chapter to her.