Chapter 13

Eventually Natasha, Jay and Danny reappeared, along with the vast majority of the stadium, signalling the fact that the game was resuming. 

I watched as the players went back into their little boxes and as soon as there were six from both teams on the ice, the game was on.

It was almost impossible to tell where the puck was at any given moment, because they all moved around extremely quickly.

Curse words were thrown around, on and off the ice. Kyle and Harry got extremely violent with each other, prompting James to climb over me and plop himself between the two, resulting in a re-juggling of the seats that meant I was beside Kyle while James was on the other side.

It was amusing and slightly (emphasis on the slightly) cute to see how animated Kyle was as he tried to explain to me what was happening on the ice.

His eyes twinkled and he flailed his arms around and he passionately spoke about why the Stars were the superior team. If you were to ask me to repeat a single thing he said, I wouldn't be able to, because I had been so caught up in watching how child like his enthusiasm for the sport was.

~~~~~

The Stars won 4-2, but luckily James was taking me home, so I wasn't being bombarded with how much Kyle loved the Stars and how he always chose to support the winning team, because "Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin were an undeniable pair".

"Sorry this didn't turn out quite the way you expected it to." James quickly glanced at me, then his eyes were back on the road.

"I had fun." I said, causing a slight smile to appear on his face.

"I'm glad."

The rest of the ride home was silent. But not one of those deafening or awkward silences, a nice silence. You know, the type where no words need to be spoken for you to enjoy the person's presence.

Yeah, that kind of silence.

I found myself feeling extremely comfortable with James. He was just extremely easy to get along with and it was rare to find good guys like him.

Once we reached my house, James insisted on walking me to the door. I tried to subtly steer him away from the idea, but being the gentleman he is, he (much to my dismay) walked me to the door.

I knew my parents were standing behind it eagerly.

"We should do this again. Well- I mean, aside from the whole everyone tagging along thing." James spoke in a rushed and stuttered tone.

Completely endearing.

"Next time, I'll take you somewhere I love." I smiled.

"Any ideas?" He raised an eyebrow, with obvious newly gained confidence, he took a step closer to me.

"I'm thinking Twenty One Pilots." I breath hitched due to his new proximity.

"I love Twenty One Pilots." He smiled, tilting his head to the side, and looking deeply in my eyes.

Why did he have to do that?

"Anyway, goodnight James." I hurriedly reached for my keys. He pouted a little, then regained his superstar smile.

"Goodnight Bells." Before I knew what was happening, James had placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

Both of our faces turned red, and as he walked away, I fought back an impending smile.

A/N: sorry for my disappearing act! I'm gonna try update at least once a fortnight from now on, because I know exactly where I want this story to go!!! Thanks for the continued support and please remember to vote and comment.

Also in regards to "This is Living", updates will be super scarce unfortunately X