Chapter 3

"Don't follow me." I turned around to face Kyle. He thought he was being so sneaky. He sighed and adjusted his bag strap, then put his hands up in fake surrender. Why couldn't he understand I didn't want him around? I thought I had made it pretty clear.

"I wasn't following." He replied. I sighed loudly, rolling my eyes at him, then I turned back around. I had to lose him. The question was how, and the answer came oh so soon.

I glanced quickly at him, only to find him still standing there, pretending to be preoccupied. Then I began walking and felt him follow me. That is until I walked into the girls bathroom. That was almost too easy. All I had to do was stay there until he left.

I paced around the bathroom, then checked the time. The ball was going to ring in 5 minutes. I had been there long enough, and he had probably left.

I walked out the bathroom and looked around. He was nowhere to be found, so I let out a sigh of relief. Victory was mine. Or so I thought.

"You know, you take forever in the bathroom. If you don't eat as much, not as much will come out." I could feel the smirk on Kyle's face and when I turned to face him, I could see it on full display. That jerk had called me fat.

"You know, fat jokes don't gain you friends, douche." I spat, walking away from him. I don't know if I was mad or sad about what he had said, but I knew I was hurt and I couldn't let him see it.

"Hey, hey, wait." Kyle grabbed my wrist. I angrily spun around and attempted to pull my arm away, but his grip was too strong. He looked into my eyes for a while then he spoke.

"I'm sorry. Listen Annabelle, you're not fat, you're just annoying."

Wow. That was one hell of an apology. It had started out sincere then he turned into a jerk yet once again. He smirked and released his grip on my wrist. I immediately walked away. I hated him so much.

Suddenly the bell rang, meaning I was late for class. "Shoot." I muttered. I started fast walkng, noticing Kyle was following me, but that didn't really bother me at that point in time, I just needed to get to maths.

*****

"Annabelle. You're late." Mr Dunbar spoke.

Well you're bald, are we done stating the obvious?

 I looked down to the floor, biting my tongue. One sassy comment would lead me to detention.

"I should give you a detention Miss Carter-"

"It wasn't her fault." Kyle suddenly walked through the door.

"And you are?"

"Kyle Fletcher. I'm new here." The class started muttering excitedly to each other. Mr Dunbar raised an eyebrow and quickly silenced the class.

"Well Mr Fletcher, this may be your first day, but late is late. See me after class." Kyle quickly nodded and found a seat. I did the same.

I deliberately sat as far away from Kyle as I could. My mind was still racing though, why did he save me? I sure as hell wouldn't have done the same for him.

*****

"You're still a douche." I said, as I pushed past Kyle. He playfully smiled and continued to follow me.

"I saved your a-"

"Why're you still following me? I'm sure you know where the cafeteria is. Why don't you do me a favour and stay away from me." I coldly said. I was certain he could feel the dislike oozing from my voice.

"Why do you hate me?" He asked, suddenly serious. His eyebrows furrowed together, showing he was genuinely confused by the fact that someone could dislke him.

I scoffed at him. Where do I begin.
"Have you been paying attention? You're a douche, you have a big ego, you think everyone worships you oh and let's not forget, you're in a  stupid bubblegum pop boyband who tries to pass of their mediocre and meaningless lyrics as punk." I listed.

He momentarily stared at me in disbelief, then his signature smirk appeared.

"So you hate me because I'm hot and successful?" He asked. I groaned and walked away. He clearly didn't understand anything  I was saying to him.

"How can you say our songs are meaningless and mediocre?" He questioned. I continued to walk and ignore him. He just kept talking.

"Have you even heard all our songs?" He asked. I stopped and faced him, trying so hard not to laugh in his face. Normally I would've, but what I was about to say required me being serious.

"Are you stupid?" I asked, with a serious look on my face. It was a genuine question. Was he an idiot?" He simply laughed in response, like an idiot would.

"My bestfriend is a super fan. I have heard enough of your songs to be able to come to that conclusion."

"Oh have you now?" He raised an eyebrow. This boy was so cocky, I just wanted to slap the smirk off his face.

"As much as I enjoy standing here with you, which I don't at all, the cafeteria is calling me and I really don't wanna be hear when your fangirls find you." I stated, dryly.

For the first time, he didn't follow me. I dug my iPod out of my bag and put in my earphones. Go Radio would definetly calm me down. I still get sad over the fact that they broke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry this update was so short, my minds been all over the place....

So what are your thoughts on the banter between Annabelle and Kyle?
Personally I'm a Danny girl but I have a soft spot for James :3

Vote, Comment and all that jazz x

(I always type "like" instead of vote)