Chapter 10

"No."

"What?" He squeaked. The sparkle in his eye immediately diminished and his confidence went from maybe 49 to 0.

"I-uh...No." I repeated, stuttering this time. My mouth was moving faster than my mind. I wanted to say yes, but I found myself saying no.

What was wrong with me?

"But you said there was nothing going on between you and Kyle."He breathed out.

"Oh, God, no. Kyle is not a factor in any of this." I rolled my eyes. Why did everyone seem to believe my life revolved around Kyle freaking Fletcher. I couldn't stand the dude.

"Oh." He was obviously speechless. I was speechless too. I mean what do you say in such and awkward situation? He had just asked me out and I had rejected him.

"It's not that I don't like you, I do. You're a really cool guy. I just..." My sentence kind of died.

"That's completely cool, I guess." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head and smiled lightly. God, that smile killed me.

"I should uh get going." He added, turning to walk away from me.

I actually physically face palmed. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. A cute and genuinely nice guy, which is very rare, had asked me out. Before I could stop myself, I called out to him.

Carpe Diem,right?

"James! I'll go out with you." I blurted.

Immediately his whole body perked up. He turned back to me with the goofiest smile ever, and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"I'll text you."

~~~~~

Unfortunately for me, maths was my next class. Which also happened to be the class I only shared with Kyle.

I walked into the room and smiled to myself as I sat down. I looked at my phone expectantly,waiting for a text from James.

A figure sat on the seat beside me. Lo and behold, it was my least favourite member of Crash and Burn.

"What's got you all smiley?" He raised an eyebrow.

"None of your business. Now could you do me a favour and maybe not sit next to me. Your cologne is blocking my airways." I rolled my eyes.

He simply laughed to himself and leaned back on his seat, placing his hands at the back of his neck. An intentional way of making himself comfortable in order to annoy me.

In response, I shoved him.He shuffled uncomfortably and sat normally on the seat.

Immediately my phone buzzed on my desk. Before I could reach it, Kyle grabbed it. That bastard.

"I'll pick you up at 7. The location is a suprise - James? You're going out with James? Straight after our date?" Kyle asked in disbelief. I shook my head at him and grabbed my phone.

"Firstly, who I go out with is none of your business. Secondly, What we went on, it was not a date. There's no way in hell I would ever go out with you. And lastly, if you ever grab my phone again like that, I will chop of your fingers and shove them up your-"

"Miss Carter." My maths teacher stood right beside my desk.

"Do you know the answer?" To a question I wasn't paying attention to.

"Four." Kyle whispered in my ear.

"Four." I blurted out, causing the entire class to burst out in laughter. The teacher didn't seem too impressed by my response.

"No, Miss Carter. The answer is not four. Please pay attention." He took my phone as he walked away.

"Sir-" He ignored my pleas.

"I hate you so much." I elbowed Kyle in the arm and he just laughed in response.

~~~~~

The rest of the maths lesson went ahead without a hitch. I had ignored any attempt Kyle made to talk to me, and straight when the bell rang, I stopped by the teachers desk, grabbing my phone while he was looking away.

"Carter." Kyle called after me. I continued walking. If you ignore it, it will go away.

"Don't you think it will look bad, I mean with the paparazzi?"

"What?"

"You going out with James, after going out with me." He made a solid point.

"But we didn't technically go out."

"Well, they technically don't know that." He made another solid point, leaving me completely speechless. I hadn't exactly thought of that.

The girl that tried to choke Kyle Fletcher, then went on a "date" with Kyle Fletcher and is now going out with James Worthington.

"Why do you guys have to be famous? I mean why couldn't you just be irrelevant nobodies?" I groaned.

"It'd make life easier."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it took me forever to update :( BUT THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE STRAIGHT AFTER THIS !!!!

please vote/comment/share this story and remember to follow Annabelle on Twitter, annabellecuther!