Chapter 12

The atmosphere was intense. 

That's all I could say. I actually knew nothing about hockey and had never had an interest in it, up until now. 

Never in my life had I imagined myself sitting at a Coyotes game with my two best friends and a boy band. James had been nice enough to lend me a number 16 shirt, which belonged to his second favourite player, a rookie named Max Domi.

I pressed my  face up against the cold glass, for no particular reason whatsoever.

"You okay there?" Kyle lightly shoved me. The others had gone to get food during the second interval, so it was just the two of us.

"Peachy." I turned to face him, only to realise he was much closer to me than I had initially expected. The green of his Dallas Stars jersey (of course, he was supporting the opposing team) emphasized just how beautiful his eyes were . Rather than having his hair in a quiff, he allowed it to be lazily swept to the side.

In that time, Kyle said nothing. He just allowed me to get lost in his eyes, which was pretty cool, that is until his cocky smile found its way to his face.

"What?" He tilted his head slightly to the side, amused by my behaviour. I instinctively took a step back, my mind racing with a witty remark.

"Why you all up in my grill, did I invite you to my barbecue?" I mentally face palmed. Kyle immediately began laughing, causing me to fall back into my seat.

"What's so funny?" Natasha spoke up. Everyone finally returned, sparing me from further embarrassment.

"Nothing. It's just that smart-mouth Annabelle Carter could only come up with that? I'm truly disappointed." He playfully placed his hand on his chest, smiling slightly.

I instinctively rolled my eyes. What an idiot.

"Whatever." I replied, unable to think of anything better to say. Why was it that my snarky responses were decreasing? I needed as many as I could get.

"I think you like me. " Kyle randomly spoke after a while. 

"Actually, I think you're madly in love with me." Instinctively I let out a loud howling sound. Who did he think he was? I liked James.

"Yes and that's exactly why I'm currently on a date with James." I deadpanned.

"And where is he? Currently you and I are on more of a date. Our second to be exact." He was mental. The first experience was certainly not a date. It was merely a poor unsuspecting do-gooder being tricked into thinking she was doing a favour for a friend.

Actually, Jay still owed me a meal.

Before I could scoff at Kyle one more time, Harry showed up holding bags of candy floss and panting slightly. He instantly beamed at me disregarding Kyle. Harry plopped himself over on James' seat, beside me and handed me a bag.

"Where's the rest of the gang?" I asked, a smile appearing on my lips. Over time I had grown to enjoy Harry's presence. He was actually really funny.

"Jay and Danny are peeing. Tasha is in a line for something and I raced James here so he should be-"

"Dawson, off my seat." Harry fake saluted James and winked at me as he moved to his seat.

"Here." James smiled at me, handing me popcorn. His bright blue eyes lit up slightly as he smiled at me. Instantly my heart began to race.

"You guys spoil me." I blushed slightly.

"So you admit you're spoilt." Kyle once again spoke out of nowhere. He was constantly present and it genuinely irritated me, to the point where rolling my eyes didn't feel like a good enough way of showing how much he aggravated me.

We all ignored his comment.

~~~~~

A/N: Hi. Long time no see. 

Like/Comment. The next chapter shall be very James and Annabelle related. I mean, of course Kyle will somehow find a way of showing up. x

Oh and darn those penguins, winning the stanley cup. Next time Dallas