Chapter 8

Turns out, one date couldn't kill me, but I could kill my one date.

I should have known not to trust Jay with picking a date for me. He thought he was slick, setting me up like that, but boy, did he have another thing coming.

"Really?!" I whisper-yelled, as we entered a small Thai resturaunt. Jay eagerly smiled and nodded, probably thinking he was something of an evil genious.

We walked over to a table in a dark corner of the resturaunt, where, you guessed it, Kyle was seated. Along with a random ginger female I had never seen before.

If looks could kill, Kyle would have been dead at that very moment in time. He smirked when he saw me, and I gave him a look of disgust in return.

"Annabelle, this is Malia." Jay gestured to his date, who timidly waved at me. I smiled at her. She was really shy and cute. It was a pity, I was going to have to ruin her date...

"Nice to meet you." I took a seat directly in front of her, just before Jay could, which earned me an annoyed groan from Jay.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, feigning sweetness and smiling in a sickeningly sweet way.

"Nothing, nothing. It's just that uh- I was gonna sit there. You know, by my date." Jay said through gritted teeth, attempting to sound as sweet as I had.

"Oh I'm sorry, that corner is a bit to dark for me." I tilted my head ever so slightly, mocking the poor boy.

"That's not a problem. Malia and I can just swap seats, if that's not a problem." Kyle spoke for the first time, intently looking at me. His tone was annoyingly convincing. Literally, a mother would give him her baby, if he used that tone.

Darn him.

I stared back at him, as they swapped seats, not allowing him to see at that point he had beat me at my own game. Phase one of the plan was a complete and utter flop.

I refused to lose to Kyle Fletcher.

Phase two. I quickly grabbed my phone and pretended I was texting, when in fact I was setting alarms for every 2 minutes.

"Well Kyle, I think we got off on the wrong foot." I said, tilting my head in an attempt to seem sincere.

"Are you referring to when you walked into me, when you yelled at me, or when you said I, quote, 'smell like a tool' and pushed past me?" He raised an eyebrow at me, completely shocking me by the fact that he remembered every bit of our first encounter.

"Actually-" As if on cue, my phone buzzed. I stuck my index finger at Kyle as though to say 'one moment please'.

Kyle raised an eyebrow at me as I looked down at my phone and laughed to myself.  This continued for the next few minutes before we ordered. While Malia and Jay got to know each other, Kyle received zero percent of my attention.

"We should order." Jay said. With a little laugh, I put my phone down and literally hollered at the waiter, enter phase three and four.

Natasha's constant and random facts about Crash and Burn had finally come to good use. You see, when it came to ordering, I knew exactly what to get.

"Can I please have the garlic prawn pasta." I smiled at him, flirtatiously. I had remembered Natasha screaming at me, that Kyle didn't like sea food or garlic. From the corner of my eye I saw him shudder and roll his eyes.

I too hated sea food and garlic, but my hatred for Kyle surpassed all else.

Malia and Jay decided to share a deep dish pizza, while Kyle opted for fettuccine.

I should have ordered a fettuccine. I loved fettuccine...

~~~~~

"Can you do me a favour and close your mouth?" Kyle groaned, interrupting me from my meal, or should I say, phase five.

I innocently looked up from my phone, to Kyle. "Whaa." I intentionally spoke with my mouth open, one of his pet peevs.

"Close your mouth." He repeated, more assertively.

"How else am I supposed to eat?" I replied, resuming my game of flappy bird.

"With your mouth closed." He deadpanned. I did as I was told, mentally high-fiving myself.

Kyle resumed eating and I stared at his fettuccine, my mouth watering at the sight. Was revenge really worth forcing myself to eat something that I would later regret? The answer, no.

Before I could even think about my actions, my fork was already in his plate, grabbing at his fettuccine.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kyle asked, pulling his plate away from me. I yanked it back, taking half of his meal.

"Here, you can have half of mine." I said, breathing garlicy breath in his face as I dumped most of my meal in his plate.

"I don't want that shi-"

"LANGUAGE!" I yelled, causing everyone in the restaurant to stare at us. Malia giggled at my embarrassing outburst, while Jay roughly elbowed me.

"You're something else." Kyle said shaking his head at me.

~~~~~

"Kyle, you're paying for my meal. It's the courteous thing to do." I said. We were dividing up the cheque and I, as a woman, knew my rights.

"I only pay for women." He eyed me up and down, somewhat amused by my reaction, which was a manly grunt.

For the second time in the night, my arm moved before my mind could. I grabbed Kyle's hand and brought it to my chest.

"Woman enough for you?" I asked. Ever so slightly, I noticed Kyle's cheeks turning a shade of pink. I brought both our hands back down and walked back to Malia and Jay, while Kyle paid.

I shook my head at myself. Although the night had been successful, and that had been a clever pay on my part, something in the pit of my stomach told me I would deeply regret everything.

I heard Kyle running up to me and walk beside me. He leaned slightly to me and whispered, "I know what you were doing."

I stopped and looked deep in his eyes. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're a bigger fan than I thought." His voice was confident, yet he couldn't look me in the eyes.

"You're mental, if you think I'm a fan of yours." I laughed, walking away yet once again. Before I could go far, Kyle grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

"You know I hate sea food and garlic. You also know that my biggest pet peev is loud chewing. You are obsessed with me."

My mouth gaped open. That was absurd. I hated the guy and had deliberately done everything to annoy him. That's not being obsessed, that's called being a genius. I pulled my wrist away, resisting the urge to punch him in the face.

"Jacob! Take me home!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm baaaccckkkkkk....

Sorry for the lack of an update :( I hope you're still enjoying this story! Remember to vote, comment and all that jazz.