Chapter 1

A/N: Right off the bat I wanna say, please don't be offended by anything that Annabelle says. She is indeed (super) judgmental, but that will change over the course of the story...Enjoy

Do you wanna know what my biggest fear is? My biggest fear in the entire world is slipping and passing out in the shower, then having my family find me there, naked.

Irrational fear? I think not.

That's why as I loudly blasted music while getting ready to go to school, I was careful not to do anything that would cause that to happen.

I sang obnoxiously loudly to 'Stay With Me' by You Me At Six. See, that was good music, unlike the poppy crap played on the radio. Yes, I was indirecting the "hottest band of the year" (note the sarcasm), Crash and Burn. The fact that the world considered them 'punk' made me cackle. They were bubblegum pop. Simple as that.

"Annabelle! Hurry up, you're gonna be late for your first day back!" My mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I groaned loudly as I put on my Marianas Trench necklace. I never took it off, because it reminded me of the time Josh Ramsay said I "had the key to his heart". I loved him.

I quickly grabbed my backpack and keys, giving my mom a quick kiss on the cheek before I ran out the door. Or at least attempted to. "Annabelle? Really?!" My mom raised an eyebrow at me.

"Whhaaatttt?" I purposely dragged out the word. She was obviously about to say something about my appearance. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, Doc Martins and a plaid shirt over my black singlet.

"You look like a boy." she simply stated. In response I rolled my eyes and closed the door.

"Love you too, Mom." I yelled. When I reached my convertible, I contemplated whether arriving late for school due to quickly stopping by Starbucks was worth it.

Nah. Maybe another day.

Westlake Arts High. Basically my school with crazy talented people. To get into Westlake, you either had to audition or have a lot of money. Most people at our school had done both.

I pulled up to the school and after a while I found a parking spot that was reasonably close to the school entrance. Oh, it was good to be back. No, I was not a nerd, I was just a student who enjoyed learning.

Sue me.

"Annabelle Carter? Is that you!" A loud masculine voice, that I knew all too well, said. I turned around with a big smile on my face.

"Jay!" I jumped into his open arms and he instantly spun me around. Jay Cole. Multi talented dude. He played basically any instrument handed to him and he had a killer singing voice. Westlake was lucky to have him.

No, before you make assumptions, Jay and I were not a thing, not even close. He was one of my closest friends and occasionally we performed together at our school showcases. Despite his pretty boy looks, Jay had a style which was heavily influenced by his favourite genre of music, rap. I mean, he wore his pants almost as low as Justin Bieber. Almost.

"I'm good, just a tad cranky because I had to skip out on my Starbucks this morning." I sulked. Everyone knew I needed my black coffee.

"Well... Tash has some coffee." Jay spoke huskily. There was a reason Natasha Phillips was my best friend. She loved coffee and bands. That was the way to my heart.

"By the way, you look... different." He slowly spoke. I rolled my eyes. His lack of observation skills astounded me. By now, most people would have said to me-