Chapter 26: I'm Sorry, I Forgive You

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I was holding my hands on my face. I don't know how I got here. Everything was just a flashing blur and I ended up here.

With Bradley.

Hooked to life support.

I couldn't bear to see all the tubes and I.V.s that were in him. The sound of the oxygen machine pumping oxygen to him every two seconds was a rhythmic nightmare to listen to.

He's like this because of me. His life is ruined because of me.

It's ironic thought isn't it. I was in a similar situation when Bradley almost drowned me in a toilet bowl. So he deserves this right?

No. No he doesn't.

Bradley never put me in a coma. Bradley never made it so I couldn't eat without a tube. Bradley never made it so I needed life support.

And yet I did all those things to him. I didn't mean for it to be this way. But I did it.

It's all my fault. It's my fault that Bradley is sitting at death's door.

Death.

I couldn't get that thought out of my head. I've essentially killed my bully out of revenge. That's so sick. I killed my bully because I was being petty.

If Bradley were to die because of me, well, I don't think I would be able to keep living myself. It's a dark thought but, I believe that to be true.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beep...Beep...

...

I looked up.

The heart monitor stopped making noise.

"Bradley?" I called out.

No response.

I got up and slowly walked over to his bed.

"Bradley?" I called out again.

I could see his skin was bluish-pale color.

I got over to his body and started to shake him.

"Bradley?!" I yelled out panicked.

I looked at the monitor and my heart stopped.

Flatline.

Tears immediately started flowing from my eyes and they wouldn't stop.

"Bradley! Bradley! Bradley!" I screamed over and over and over.

I already knew he would never respond back and never wake up, but I still kept calling his name.
________________________________

"BRADLEY! BRADELY! BRADLEY!" I screamed out.

It was hard to breath. My eyes were leaking profusely. I was sweating like a mad man. I was shaking hard.

I forced my eyes open and sat up before screaming at the top of my lungs. I took deep breaths in before analyzing my area. The room was spinning while I got my bearings.

I was in...my room? In my house? How did I get up here? Did I pass out and some carry me over here?

Wait! Bradley.

I got out of my bed and ran out of my house and over to the main house. I was only wearing my white t-shirt and tighty whities but I don't care. I need to get to Bradley's room.