Chapter 6: Knights Without their Armor

As soon as we reached the top, I take in a massive breath of air. I greedily take in all of it, while the person who saved me swims is both toward the pool ledge. I lay my arms over the ledge and hold myself up, taking my time to recover.

My vision is a little blurry as I'm slightly light headed so when I look up I see someone standing over me. Their voice is a little muffled but I picked up "Are you okay?".

I nod my head tiredly, but my vision starts to come back and when I look up, I see it's Boop.
Wait, if Boop was standing here, then who saved me? Something tells me I already know who it is but I look to my right anyway.

Yep, it's exactly who I thought. Bradely was also on the ledge breathing evenly as he began to pull himself out of the water. I do the same and began to pull myself up the ledge. All the while I hear Boop rip into her brother.

"YOU IDIOT! WHY THE HELL YOU YOU THROW HIM IN THE WATER! WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH YOU! NO PERSON IN THEIR RIGH-" and at that point I tuned her out because she started nagging hard. Once I fully got out of the pool, Boop had finished her ranting and nagging. Thank god for that.

Bradely clears his throat and looks at me. I return his look, him standing in his dress clothes stuck to his body, bright blonde swept hair now dirty blonde and spiky. He let out a small breath before apologizing. "Look, I'm sorry I threw you into the pool. If I had known you couldn't swim I wouldn't have thrown you in at all. And now that I know, I won't do it again." It seemed heart felt but I'm still skeptical, Bradely has done pretty bad things in the past.

My face must have shown my skepticism because Bradley then said " I know I've hurt you in the past and I know that I hurt you now. But I would never ever do something that would take someone's life on purpose. That goes on you or anyone else I've done things to." I'm glad he added that last part because he was about to open scars that the both of us didn't want opened.

As he was about to leave, I noticed that there was a little splotch of purple on his skin under his eye. It's almost impossible to see if you don't have an eye for detail which I obviously have. Also when he was walking back to the main house, the back of his pants were raised higher than normal. This would make sense as he dived into the water wearing normal clothing, but something told me by his hidden bunched up boxers that he didn't willingly dive in. More like he was forced to dive in.

Once he got far enough away from us I turned to his sister. "Boop what did you do?" She had a devious smile on her face. "What? Little old me? I didn't do anything but make sure my best friend stays alive." He bats her eyelashes.
I give her a stern look that's ruined by the smirk coming on my face. "You know your the reason why he does this to people."

She walks up and pushes her finger on my nose and her lips get close to mine. "I'm only one of the 13 reasons why he's like that." My heart pounds at the closeness of her to me, I'm starting to bone up. But it almost immediately goes away once I realized the stupid reference she made. "Are you having cheese and corn for dinner or something? That was just awful, just like that show." She boops my nose and laughs, "Unfortunately I'm not having cheese or corn for dinner tonight. Although cheese corn grits would sound soooo good right about now." She was having a food daydream about something she couldn't have.

I snapped my fingers in front of her to bring her back. "What are you doing here any way? You seem to show up at just the right time." Had she not come, I'm pretty sure I would have to walk myself to the shallow end of the pool instead of Bradely getting me himself.

"Well, when a strange car came into the knight estate, Mom and Dad were immediately notified and asked why a stranger was entering the property and also going into 'Europe's journey'. Bradley had explained the situation to them and he was suppose to come get you over to the main house for dinner. When he didn't return I was sent to go get you as soon as I came onto the estate. And here we are." My head was spinning with this new information. I have to have dinner with Bradely and Boop's parents.