Omerta

Daily Life Arc: 2nd Year of Middle School

🔥

Reborn had to admit, he was mildly impressed.

The girl had the qualities to face a crisis and not be overwhelmed by emotions – it was a trait that would be useful in the long run, Reborn thought to himself. The other members of Tsuna's Family were brash and hasty – it was a quality shared by all youth after all but it seemed Mia wasn't all like that. She was calm and rational when needed. In time she'll grow to be a level-headed person. Her adaptive nature would get them out of a cinch if he wasn't around – he was sure of it, no, he was counting on it.

When he saw the two gangsters in the small room, he was intrigued by the injuries they sustained. She didn't use a pipe that was obvious enough. After searching the whole floor, he found a frying pan under the couch that matched with the injuries on the two. With his investigation coming to an end, he met with the rest outside. Dino was talking to Tsuna and the others, explaining who exactly he was and his relationship with Reborn.

"Eh?! You were Reborn's previous student?" Tsuna gaped.

Dino nodded. "If it wasn't for Reborn I wouldn't have turned into the fine man I am today!"

Mia was scrutinizing him shrewdly from her spot, leaning against Dino's car. Reborn watched as Tsuna would occasionally glance at Mia; see her smiling and just content where she was. God, watching these two were so frustrating. They were so sweet it gave him cavity and a hitman never has cavities.

He jumped and sat on Mia's shoulder, to her surprise. Reborn poked her bruised cheek and tsked when she winced.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Reborn?" Tsuna demanded.

The hitman ignored him. "We'll need to work on your skills, you got potential." In his roundabout way, it meant that it was his way for apologizing for earlier – at least that's how she interpreted it. A teasing smirk played on her smile.

"Improvisation is a skill? Always thought it was ability," she said.

"Brat, once I'm through with you let's see how your 'ability' holds." Mia frowned at Reborn.

"Wait, what do you mean 'once you're through with me'?"

It was a majority vote for Mia to spend the night at the Sawada Residence. Everybody ignored her protests that she was alright and they've handled the problem but Tsuna would counter her every step of the way with his own logical reasoning that immediately stumped her and everyone else. She stared at him, mouth agape and said, "Who are you and what did you do to Tsuna?"

Tsuna rolled his eyes.

The people who now resided in the house including Bianchi with her goggles on, with Gokudera, Yamamoto and Dino were watching the two go at it from across the table. They were in Tsuna's room right now, each teen holding a child on their laps. Lambo sat on Tsuna while I-pin on Mia. Everybody's heads went back and forth as the two bantered. To see Mia being put down by Tsuna of all people was a spectacle to behold. The only ones who weren't surprised were Nana and Reborn because Tsuna's mother had seen them do it long enough and Reborn because he's… Reborn.