Sky Hearts

Mind still reeling from the fact that they kissed, Tsuna didn't hear the first few words Mia directed at Ian. He tuned in when Ian barked something at Mia in English when she tried to get close and she flinched away, hurt. Tsuna was immediately in front of her.

"Watch it," he warned menacingly. Ian scoffed and pushed himself up so he could sit. His face was screwed up in pain over the effort.

He looked at the two of them with distaste. "Or what? Obviously love here won't let you." He gestured at Mia.

"Love?" Tsuna repeated, incensed.

"It's sort of my pet name for her." Ian smirked at him. Before he could as much punch the bastard Mia went ahead and did it for him. Ian wheezed a painful grunt and blinked his eyes out.

"What is the matter with you?" she hissed at him. "I'm the one you have a problem with. Why are you doing this?"

"What's the matter with me she asks." Ian shook his head, laughing to himself. He sounded a bit unhinged. "If you must know it seems you have a knack of ruining my plans."

Her expression fell. "I thought you've forgiven me."

"Forgive you?" His laughing abruptly stopped. His eyes flashed angrily. "Not after what you cost me. My brother was everything I had left that was worth keeping! Because of you he might never wake up!"

Mia thought that things would actually be okay between them after Tokyo. Sure they may have gone off separate ways on a bad note but when she expected to see him again, she thought they would be civil with each other. But this. She felt betrayed but even more so she felt guilty. "How much will it cost me for your forgiveness then?" she asked, her voice barely shaking. He glared at her, nostrils flaring. His eyes flickered to Tsuna.

They were speaking in rapid and hushed English. Tsuna, for all his linguistic gifts, didn't have the same aptitude for English as he had with Italian. It was a bit difficult to follow their argument but he could see that the longer Ian talked, the more upset Mia became. Then Ian's eyes swiveled to him and Tsuna felt like the things that made bad stuff was in that one look he was given. Mia seized up as if she had been slapped, then her expression became scarily fierce. She closed her eyes to quench the fire burning within them.

She slowly began to speak, "You've saved my life twice Ian. You may think nothing of it or me but I owe you a lot and I'm… grateful." She opened her eyes, the fire was gone but her eyes remained fierce. "But you said this was my opportunity to prove myself to the Order. It's my call, not yours so stay out of it."

She turned around and began walking away. Tsuna spluttered, gave one look at Ian then to her before scrambling after her heels. "Mia! You're letting him get away with just that?"

She stopped and he almost ran her over. "No – I mean yes! I mean no!" She ran a hand down her face and groaned. "Everything is so messed up."

He skimmed around her. Mia looked torn. That didn't look right on her. He wanted her to smile, not look like she was making a choice between cutting the blue or red wire. Maybe if he kissed her… the feeling of her soft lips on his again was very appealing.

"Mia…" she held a finger up, silencing him. She had her phone up and was speaking quietly into it. When she was finished, Tsuna tried again only to be held back again by another finger. Mia was talking to someone again. Tsuna let out an exasperated sigh. "Who are you even calling?"