Fireworks

"I see you've been taking good care of Pa's camera." Mia commented behind him. He felt her rest her chin on his shoulder.

"Of course," Tsuna replied, without looking as he continued to clean said camera. "It was really nice of him to lend it to me."

It was an old compact camera that Nicolas had. Tsuna was helping out one day with cleaning their apartment when the thing tumbled out of one of the many towers of boxes. He had picked it up, worried he had broken it. Thankfully, it wasn't. While checking it, he accidentally pressed the shutter while the lens was facing him, temporarily blinding him.

Nicolas laughed and told him he can borrow it if he liked. It was just gathering dust in a box and suggested it would be nice to capture memories so he would have something good to remember their summer by.

Tsuna liked the idea and Nicolas taught him how to use it and take care of it, then spent the rest of the afternoon taking pictures with Mia and looking for stores to develop the film. It was a really fun day.

Speaking of developing the film... Tsuna set the camera down on his desk.

"Oh yeah, I just came back from the store." He pulled out a brown envelop from his drawer.

As he was taking the photos out, she plucked the stack from his hand and started shifting though them. "These turned out great Tsuna!"

Tsuna beamed at the praise but snatched the photos back before she could look through them all. "Its kinda unfair that you're the first to see them when I haven't seen them yet. And I took them." Nicholas had brought several rolls of film for him but he wanted to have them all developed in one go. He figured it would be a nice surprise for himself.

Mia batted her eyelashes in an over-exaggerated way. "But I'm your girlfrieeeeeeend." Tsuna gently pushed her face away, laughing.

"Alright, let's look over them together." They sat next to each other on his small table and spread the photos he had taken throughout their summer break. Takeshi waving at him during baseball practice, Hayato being dragged by Mia into an abandoned shrine, Ryohei intensely grilling barbeque at the beach, Lambo and I-pin helping his mom cook, Chrome and Mia sharing a parfait, Fuuta helping Nicolas organize his books... he even had one of Hibari napping after one of their sparring sessions. The next picture was the Prefect waking up and chasing him, Mia loved that one.

With all the happy faces in the photos you wouldn't think they went through something harrowing several weeks ago. Sometimes, Tsuna would wonder if it all was just a bad dream, but then he would look into the mirror and see the scars he gained.

The Owl had offered to heal his shoulder completely for him so not a single mark could be left behind. Except, Tsuna turned her down. Mia's leg was permanently scarred. It could never heal the way Xanxus' burn did. The shallower ones and burns have completely healed but the deepest one, the one that ran from above her knee down to her ankle, spanning an inch wide at most, will remain. The nature of her injury wasn't normal, so no normal means will heal it. Mia took the news well, too well if you ask him. If it was him he would have been freaking out but it seemed Mia knew or at least had some idea how she got it.

Despite her quiet resignation, he could tell she was sad about it. So he kept his. The look on her face when he did it was worth it. How they received them didn't matter. It was a reminder how they were there for each other.

"Oh hey, isn't this the picture your mom took before we left Italy?" Mia pulled the photo from underneath the table. "What's it doing here?"

He blinked the memory away. "Must have dropped it." Tsuna leaned on her until they were sideways. "Or maybe one of the kids did."