The Guardians

Varia Arc

Ages:

Tsuna - 15

Mia - 15

Chrome - 13

Kyoya -17

🔥

Tsuna's dad was home.

Tsuna spared only a glance at his father before trudging up the stairs. She stared after him worriedly. Tsuna had exceeded her expectations over the whole thing. Half of her had expected him to freak out as it was his usual reaction to anything mafia-related and the other was just to straight up punch him. She followed him to his room where he sat on his bed, hunched and miserable. Her hand reached out over his shoulders as she sat next to him and placed her head on his shoulder.

"Are you going to confront your dad later?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I want to punch him in the face."

"Seriously Tsuna."

"I am serious. That bastard owes me and mom an explanation."

She swatted at his arm. "You shouldn't call your dad that!"

"Whatever." Could you believe the nerve? She gave him a look that he avoided. He tried changing the topic. "You want to get changed?" he nodded at her slightly singed and dirty uniform. She grimaced at her state of dress.

"Shit. Yeah, could I borrow your shirt?" She had no idea why she asked him for his shirt when she could have borrowed Bianchi's stuff instead. He didn't say anything though when he lent her his clothes. After a bath she came back to his room, freshly dressed. Tsuna was sitting on the floor reading her 'Return of the King'. She leaned on the door sill, smiling fondly at the sight. Tsuna saw her and stared. She frowned.

"What?"

"Your hair is short." He set the book on the table.

"You just noticed?" She plopped herself beside him. His hands were immediately on her face. She almost sighed in comfort, her eyes actually fluttering shut at his gentle touch. She felt him stroke her hair with his other hand. It felt really good. His fingers were long and they combed through her tresses perfectly.

"You almost lost your head earlier." There it is. Mother-hen Tsuna mode has finally activated! The disapproval was so strong she could have smelled it and there face pinched as she opened her eyes. He was staring down at her intensely. God, why can't he just let the moment roll?

"But I didn't and that's all that mattered."

"You were reckless and almost got yourself killed."

She scowled at him. "What was I supposed to do? Let him skewer you?" She hadn't thought of her feelings at the time but she was deathly afraid of losing him. Just the thought of it alone scared her. It scared her more than her nightmares or dying itself. "I didn't want to lose you!" She hadn't meant it to sound so desperate but it did. Tsuna had always come out of things okay and the thought of dying never crossed her mind because he had their friends and Reborn with him. That is, until now.