On The Subject of Family

Vongola's Special Training Program

White snow snuggly blanketed Namimori but it didn't stop people from living their lives. People still went to work, mothers went shopping and children kept playing. For Mia, she spent her time reading inside her room while sipping hot chocolate. The room was silent except for the quiet rustle of pages turning. Ever since Fuuta moved in with her, her time had been sorely divided between tutoring, working and researching. On her desk were three notebooks filled with notes about Vongola's history, contained within them were reminders of how some agreements with other Families need to be assessed and renewed, Families which the Vongola may still have bad blood with, and coming up with ways to… rid some businesses that the Family runs in the future. Fuuta had never noticed it due to the fact that they looked like school work.

Besides, there were at least six generations of documents to view over… going through them at the pace she was going at would take maybe two years to do. Just thinking of the thick ledgers waiting for her to look made her head spin. So here she was, taking a break from her self-induced work. Mia was a bit grateful that Fuuta went back to the Sawada residence for the duration of the winter holidays.

Her Papa decided to come home for a month but unlike Tsuna's mom, her Papa would definitely ask questions so she sent him back in the meantime. He would be arriving in a few days but until then, Mia will take it easy until she goes to move the boxes to where her Papa can't stumble onto by accident. Despite the serene atmosphere in her room, at the back of her mind she couldn't help but glance occasionally to her bedside table. A sleek black business phone sat on top of the wood. It was given to her by the Ninth before she went to rejoin her friends and was only to be used for emergencies.

Mia didn't want to dwell on it so she stuffed it into her drawer and went on reading. School break had already started and she was going to use it to just sit back and relax because god knows she won't get it around her friends. That and one other thing... She was three-fourths away from finishing her book when her door opened and Tsuna walked in.

Mia hardly budged from her place on the bed, not bothered in the least. She had given Tsuna a spare key months ago so he can come in whenever he wanted to.

The brunette was looking a bit put out that Mia hardly even acknowledged him. He came here to drag her out seeing that she was serious on becoming a hermit. He leaned against the doorframe.

"Mia, come on let's go outside!"

Mia didn't look up from her book. "No thanks."

"Reborn wanted to go meet up at school."

"Tell Reborn that he can shove his ideas somewhere else, I'm really not in the mood to go outside." She shut her book, set it aside and crossed her arms over her chest. She was comfortable here in her sweats and she was not going to leave under any circumstances. Tsuna though, raised a brow at her juvenile defiance.

"Is there something wrong Mia? Why won't you go outside?" he asked her.

"It's cold," she complained. Tsuna fought off a smile.

"It's winter silly." She pouted. The corner of his mouth twitched upwards.

She let out a heavy sigh and wrapped her arms around her legs instead, drawing them nearer to her chest. She placed her cheek on her knees. "It's cold so it's going to hurt."