Mafia Land

Tsuna spent his entire voyage inside his room. He didn't want to go out, not wanting his identity as the tenth candidate to go out of hand and frankly, he didn't want to leave Mia who was seasick. He let the others roam free though and even ordered room service. If Reborn had invited them all here then he was going to pay for their expenses. He ordered the steak he wanted for so long and a simple pumpkin soup for Mia.

"Ne Mia… what do you know about Mafia Land?" he asked his friend beside him.

Mia set her finished soup aside and looked at him. "It's neutral territory. There are at least four of these resorts all over the world. The one where we're heading to is the Asian Mafia Land. It may have been funded by shady money but it really is just a resort for the Mafia to go to and relax… as weird as it sounds." She tapped her knees contemplating. He could sense that she wanted to say something, but didn't know how to put it.

She raised her head. "Tsuna?"

"Yeah?"

"I just want you to know that you can always ask me questions. I may not tell you how I came to know a lot of things but believe me when I say I did it so that you don't have to carry all this by yourself." She brought her knees to her chest and placed her chin on top of them. "Sorry in advance."

Tsuna patted her head affectionately. "I promise I'll try to remember that in the future."

In ten minutes, their arrival to Mafia land was announced. The two teens looked at each other and decided to go on deck.

"Tsuna-san! Look! We're almost here!" Haru waved at them frantically. Tsuna looked out to the horizon and saw a small island appear with roller coasters, a Ferris wheel and a castle. It didn't look like it was made by the Mafia – it surprisingly looked like a normal theme park. When they disembarked, the first thing they wanted to do was ride a scary-ass rollercoaster which Tsuna refused to go on. He did let Haru and the kids go ahead seeing as he was appointed to go to reception as the representative of the group. He left, grumbling.

"Don't worry Tsuna, I'm here," Mia comforted him on the way. She joined him without asking which he was grateful for. He felt better having her around. As they walked, Tsuna discreetly checked his friend out. Not that he wanted to… you know… hormones. Mia had her hair tied to a messy ponytail. She wore a plain light blue cotton tank top, cream shorts, and a simple pair of sandals. The only thing fashionable that she wore was the leather cord bracelets on her wrists. He looked at his own wrist where her gift shone proudly under the bright sun.

"I'm surprised you're still wearing it," Mia said to him when she saw him looking it over. He looked up at her.

"What can I say? It's fashionable." He grinned.

They arrived at the reception desk in just a couple of minutes. Mia motioned for him to straighten his back and raise his head. He did so and approached the woman behind the desk.

"Name?"

"Sawada Tsunayoshi from the Vongola Family," he said with confidence. The woman nodded respectfully.

"Do you have any invitations or reservations?" the woman then asked. Tsuna glanced at Mia in panic. Reborn didn't mention anything about papers only that he needed to fill out some documents.

"I'm afraid we don't have them ma'am," Mia said. "Could you give us a moment please?"

"I'm afraid that is not possible. Since you don't have the necessary paperwork to prove you are from the Vongola Family, you must go through the Mafia examination in order to prove you are not an intruder." The woman led them towards a door in the back. "If you go into here please, we may begin the examination."