For Her

Warning for some racy or mature content.

🔥

Lambo and I-pin wouldn't stop crying.

Mama was laying on a gurney, asleep but at the noise the kids were making, she should have gotten up, gathered them in her arms and kiss their worries away. But she didn't and it was terrifying, that she wasn't moving. If it hadn't been for the soft rise and fall of her chest, Fuuta would have thought that she was gone. Like his own parents.

At the thought, he held his own tears in. He was the oldest. A big boy. Crying wasn't going to help them. He pulled Lambo to his chest and guided I-pin to his shoulder. He didn't mind if his shirt was going to get soaked with snot and stuff. If Mia-nee and Tsuna-nii were here, they would have done the same.

He remembered how Mia would hold him close when he would wake up with his own nightmare. She would let him sit on her lap with her arms around him, her chin on top of his head. She'd rock him gently, humming some super old English song he was sure was popular before he was born but it sounded nice and it always helped. It was something he missed a lot when he came back to live at the Sawada home.

"It'll be okay you guys," he said as he did the same. "Mama is just asleep. She just hit her head pretty hard earlier. She's gonna sleep for a while so she'll get better."

"But what if Maman doesn't?!" Lambo bawled.

His stomach dropped as he recalled asking a similar question once before. Why aren't Mama and Papa waking up?

No. This was different. Mama was breathing and pink in the cheeks unlike his parents that were cold, white and stiff. His bottom lip trembled at the memory but he squeezed his eyes shut and forced it down. Mia-nee didn't cry when people needed her, he needed to stay strong too.

He exhaled softly. "She will be. Look," he nodded at her. "Mama isn't hurt. She's just sleeping."

Both of them sniffled and looked as well. They calmed down a bit as they let the fact sink in and Fuuta inwardly sighed in relief. I-pin wiped her eyes with her sleeve while Lambo used his shirt. Fuuta made a face at that.

"It'll be okay guys. Want to lie down next to Mama?"

"I-pin wants to!"

"Yeah yeah!"

The jumped off him. With a chuckle, he slid off the couch and followed them. They rolled on the balls of their feet as they waited impatiently for him.

"Okay, okay. Don't move too much alright?" He picked I-pin up first and carefully helped her clamber on, then Lambo. They snuggled on either side of Maman.

"No fighting okay?" He whispered.

"Hai."

He was contemplating on climbing up too when loud angry voices pierced the door, followed by a crash that startled them.

They flinched but Nana Sawada continued on sleeping.

"F-Fuuta..." Lambo whined in a small frightened voice.

"Its okay, its okay." He smiled for them. "Stay here, I'm going to take a look alright? Can I count on you guys to protect Mama?"