On The Subject of Love

New Year

When starting a New Year, one must start it with a bang and Mia, our dear female protagonist, had decided to literally start it with a bang. Knowing how used to the Sawada household was with gunshots and explosions, she figured that Nana might not notice at all as she carried a packet of firecrackers that she had gotten from Hayato and a metal pot up to Tsuna's room. When Bianchi and Fuuta saw her, she placed a finger against her lips in an attempt to hide her mischievous smile. Bianchi suppressed a grin and led a questionable Fuuta downstairs.

"Try not to make a mess," Bianchi called out to her.

Mia scoffed. "Compared to you guys on a daily basis, I'm neat."

"If Hayato and the others show up, let them in!" She added. Bianchi hummed in reply and Mia continued on with her task of waking the Tenth Boss from his slumber. She carelessly walked in, knowing how much of a deep sleeper Tsuna was and proceeded to place the pot on his desk right next to the bed. Biting her lip to keep herself from chuckling, she dumped the string of firecrackers into the pot.

The boys had always pegged her for the mature type and Mia had to agree that yes, she was a bit of a stiff most of the time but her New Year's resolution was to loosen up and loosen up she will. She glanced at her best friend, noting how peaceful he looked. That was going to change real soon, she thought wickedly and lit the fuse. She darted out the room and shut the door, waiting.

Loud cracking exploded inside and she held a laugh as Tsuna suddenly yelped and screamed. She plastered herself against the wall and slid down, laughing into it as she heard him fall off his bed. The door was wrenched open and Mia froze. Her expression similar to a deer caught in the headlights. Smoke filtered out of the room and Tsuna towered over her, wearing a very creepy smile. Mia couldn't believe he had it in him to make an expression like that.

"Hey," she greeted him in a small voice.

"You were laughing." She cringed at how flat he said it.

She chuckled nervously. "Please don't be mad."

"Mad?" he looked at her, smile widening. "Not. At. All."

Faster than she could dodge, he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his room. She shrieked when his fingers began running up and down her sides, viciously tickling her until she was a complete and utter mess on the floor. Tsuna had this dark air around him as he tortured her.

"I'm sorry!" she gasped. "Promise I won't… do… it…haha… again!"

"Are you really?" he asked her, halting. Her hands shot out to grab his face and pulled his head down. She smacked her lips against his cheek catching him off guard. She pushed him off and ran as fast as she could downstairs, nearly tripping the way down and out the door. Several pairs of eyes turned toward her as she barreled through the gates and hid behind Yamamoto, who was the tallest and broadest out of the boys.

"Whoa there Mia, what are you running from?" Yamamoto looked down on her with surprise.

"MIA!" Came a loud roar from the second floor.

"Was that Tsuna-kun?" Kyoko placed a hand against her mouth. Mia laughed nervously.

"Yeah… I woke him up rather spectacularly and I don't think he appreciates it." She shut her mouth as Tsuna marched out the door still in his sleep clothes, a scowl plastered on his bright red face. When he saw that a crowd of his friends were in front of his house, his scowl melted into a frown. He looked at each one of them before zooming in on Yamamoto. The baseball ace froze and laughed nervously.