Searching

Nightmare

There was nothing to worry about. Nope. Nothing at all.

Or so Tsuna wanted to believe. In reality, he was locked in a state of paranoia. Well that's a bit extreme but what can you call it? He had been watching Mia like a hawk ever since Valentines. It was true that she occasionally went to the Committee's office, sometimes carrying binders and paper but she never stayed long… except on the weekends. From there she spent her afternoons – the time when they usually hung out for a study or book-slash-napping session – to do work for the committee. What she does in there… especially when Hibari was there began to eat at him.

He never confronted Mia about it though. Partly because he didn't want her to know and the other was that he didn't want to upset her if he brought it up. He just knew they would end up fighting.

And besides… nothing really happened between them now that he thought about it. Reborn really was screwing him around. But he couldn't shake off the feeling that something unpleasant was going to happen…

On White Day, Tsuna carried a box of dark chocolates for Mia because she liked bitter stuff. When they met up on the way to school, his hand suddenly went cold. He was nervous all of a sudden to give her the chocolate even though they were walking side by side. What was the harm right?

"I'll just give it at lunch," he muttered.

Warm air blew softly at the curve of his neck and he jumped. "Ack!" he slapped a hand to his neck. Mia looked at him with both hands on her hips.

"I know you've been acting weird for a while – totally given since you are weird – but you're as jittery as a rabbit. What are you hiding?" She stepped up to him. Her blue eyes glinted. Tsuna swallowed.

"Nothing really…" he said, avoiding her eyes.

Mia hummed and looked at his hands. Unconscious to what he was doing, his arms were wrapped tightly around his bag making it look like he was obviously hiding something. Her bland look made him sigh. Red in the face, he took out the chocolate and gave it to her. He didn't look her in the face; he was too embarrassed to do so. Mia took the box from him.

"Uh… let's head on alright? Gokudera-kun and Yamamoto are probably waiting." He quickly started walking. Her hand shot out to grab his wrist. "Mia?"

Her expression was down. Her eyes wouldn't meet his. "Mia?" he repeated softly. She squeezed his wrist and let go. She kept her head down. Her shoulders rose and she lifted her head. She looked like she was about to say something but they were interrupted as Gokudera and Yamamoto showed up. Just like that, Mia was back to herself.

"Later," she promised and smiled at their friends. "Oh and thank you Tsuna."

🔥

That bad feeling he had been having? It doubled when he saw a crowd of people hanging outside of their classroom. Kurokawa approached them.

"What's going on?" Yamamoto asked.

"Someone… I mean a lot of people left some things for you on your desk Matteis." Hana ignored Yamamoto and spoke directly with Mia. Mia frowned at the blockade of people in front of her. She took a deep breath.