ten

Chapter ten

Mallie Reynolds

The next morning, I wake up around nine. The other girls had already left for work. I was going to try to wake up early to see them leave but I obviously didn't wake up in time. Oh well.

I lean over and reach for my phone that is on my nightstand. I first see a text from Laura. She said that there was no one in the lobby this morning which was good. I wonder if Luke has something to do with that.

I also had a text from Charlotte. She wanted me to meet her at Jacey's at four and to wear something fancy casual. Whatever that means.

There was no text from Luke though which I couldn't help but feel sad about. He was the one I was really hoping to text me but nope, nothing.

I got out of bed and walked to my closet to find an outfit for tonight. I had several dresses that could be fancy casual so I guess I should just send Charlotte a picture of them to get her approval.

I sent her three dress choices and she texts me back a couple minutes later.
Her text said that she liked all the dresses and that all three would work. She also said she couldn't wait for tonight. I sent her a text back saying I was excited too with a smiley face emoji. Cringe but she is my boss soooo.

I decided to choose the pink dress that I wore to Laura's college graduation. I got it at a cute boutique back home and I thought it was the one that looked the best on me.

I put on a sweatshirt and walked out into the living room. It looked the same as we left it the night before: boxes everywhere, blankets all over the couch, and cups on the coffee table.

I first go into the kitchen and start the Keurig. I had to have coffee this morning or I would not be able to function today. I knew I needed to help clean up a little while I had the time. I put a mug underneath the coffee machine and waited for the coffee to finish. I forgot we had no creamer so I guess I'll have to drink it straight. Gross. We need to go to the store badly.

I take my coffee to the couch and sit for a little bit looking at my phone. I had gotten more requests for followers overnight and definitely more tags. I still have the request from Arzaylea which is so fucking weird to me.

I scrolled through articles and news sites and didn't see anything about us four or 5sos which was good. It was just people saying the same exact things that we saw yesterday. We all just needed to be out of the spotlight as quickly as possible. I was glad Charlotte didn't text me anything about it today but that still doesn't mean she hadn't seen it. I'm not gonna be surprised if she mentioned something to me about it today at the show. I wonder if the other girls had their coworkers or boss talk about the paparazzi drama today. I'll for sure find out later.

The night with Luke keeps replaying over and over in head. All I can do is just think about him and how perfect and sweet he was to me and my friends. I also couldn't stop thinking about what happened between us at the club and what happened in my room. It was legit one of the best nights I've ever had in my entire life and I just wanted for it to happen again even though I know it wasn't likely.

I have hopes now that he feels the same way as me but that still doesn't mean that things will work out. If the paparazzi are already acting like this when me and him aren't a thing I can't even imagine what it will be like if we were a thing.