two

Chapter two

Mallie Reynolds

"What are y'all wearing?" I ask my friends when we're all getting ready for our night out. I still think it's a bad idea but my opinion got overruled a while ago.

"I don't know," Laura tells me, fixing herself a drink in the kitchen. Probably Malibu and Coke. "Do you want one?" She asks me and I nod.

We were pregaming before we went out so we could have more fun at the club and not have to spend as much money.

"I mean just wear what you usually wear when we're clubbing back home. Can't be much different here," Cecilla tells me, sitting on the couch on her phone.

She was drinking Malibu and Coke too.

McKayla was drinking what seemed to be her fourth White Claw. She is going to be wild tonight and I do not want to be the babysitter. Most of the time Laura was the one who watched over all of us whenever we went out because she had the highest alcohol tolerance. She made it very clear to us that tonight she did not want to be in charge.

"I'm probably just going to wear that maroon v-neck and jean shorts," Cecilla says and that's what I expected from her.

"Typical," I say, rolling my eyes.

She was the least girly out of all us and barely dressed up for anything. Her usual outfit consisted of Nike shorts, a T-shirt, and her black vans.

"Cecilla, you should wear one of my crop tops," I tell her and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Hell no, I would never wear that," she says.

I knew she wouldn't wear it. We always try to get her to wear something different but she never budges.

"I'm think just going to wear my black jean skirt and blue sleeveless top," Laura says, handing me my drink. I take a sip and thank her.

"I'll probably wear a white crop top and my blue jean skirt," I tell them. It was really hot here and I didn't want to wear something that would make me sweat even more then I already would.

"Oh is that the shirt you hooked up with Jack in?" McKayla asks, smirking at me.

"No. And stop being a light weight," I tell her. It's annoying that she can't hold in her liquor well.

I finish my drink and make another one to bring back to my room to get ready. It was starting to get late and I know we needed to leave here soon because it was almost nine.

My makeup was still packed up in boxes so I had to dig through to find all of it. Another reason we should be staying in so we could get completely settled in our apartment. But no, it seems I am the responsible one for tonight which is so rare.

"Mallie! Will you curl my hair?" Laura yells at me.

"Yes," I yell back. Gotta find my curler first.

McKayla walks into my room and lays down on my bed.

"Get dressed," I tell her, finding my makeup bags and putting them on the small table I brought from home. I find my curler at the bottom of the makeup box and throw it on my bed.

"Will you help me?" she stutters and I glare at her.

"How are you already this bad?" I ask her. It was too early in the night for her to be acting like that but this was typical.

She shrugs but laughs loudly.

"Go get Cecilla to help you with your clothes and I'll do your makeup," I tell her and she kisses me on the head before going to find Cecilla.

I shouldn't have let her down all those shots.

I grab my curler and makeup bags and bring it to the bathroom that is connected to my room. Laura and I share it while Cecilla and McKayla share the other.

Laura was already in there doing her makeup and I tell her about how bad McKayla has already gotten. It wasn't anything surprising for her to already be drunk.

I plug my curler as I watch Laura rolls her eyes in the mirror. "We can not let her drink anything at the club. We don't need her puking or doing stuff she will regret," she says, applying mascara to her eyelashes.

McKayla is known for doing embarrassing things when she is drunk and there has been countless times she has thrown up. New Years, three years ago, she puked up wine and chicken all over Laura's dorm bathroom and it was disgusting. We were still cleaning it up days later.

Laura and I talk more about McKayla and about the club we are going to as I curl her dark brown hair. Her hair was so long so it was going to take me a while to do but I didn't mind. She had natural waves in her hair already that made it a little easier for her hair to curl.

All of us were natural brunettes. My hair was dark and was wavy, a lot like Laura's, and McKayla's hair was light brown and naturally straight. Cecilla recently dyed a little bit of her hair pink because she wanted a change. I know I would never be able to pull it off but it looks really good on her.

After I finish Laura's hair and I finish my own hair and makeup, I walk out into the living room. McKayla had a speaker in one hand and her phone in the other and was standing up on the kitchen counter.

She was wearing a jean skirt and a light green blouse. She already had her Adidas on as well. I'm proud.

"I'm playing music to get us ready," she yells.

The speaker blasts a song that I had not heard in years.

"McKayla, What is this?" I ask her.

"It's "She Looks So Perfect" by 5 Seconds of Summer. How could you not know this?" she asks me as she dances on top of the counter.

"No I know it but the last time I heard it was like eight years ago at homecoming."

"I love it and I love them," she says.

"I need a shot," I yell and I hear Laura laugh.

I walk into the kitchen and grab the vodka we had sitting on the counter. I know it's bad but we might end up drinking all our alcohol tonight. We'll have to buy more this week.

I take a shot of the vodka and gag a little. Still gets me every time.

I take one more shot before going back to get ready.

Now I'm feeling it.