thirty three

Chapter thirty three

Laura Lincoln

We had just finished prepping the venue. The Rolling Stones were playing there tomorrow night and it was a huge deal. It was a sold out concert so we were expecting thousands of people.

I also had been obsessed with The Rolling Stones since I was a little girl so I was excited because even though I will be working, I should be able to watch the show a little bit.

As assistant manager, responsibility but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I was finally done with my full training a few weeks ago and my boss liked me so much, he even gave me a key to the doors of the venue. It was pretty awesome.

It was around 11 oclock at night when I was finally leaving work. I was one of the last people to leave so I locked the back door and headed for my car that was in the employee parking lot.

I couldn't wait to get home, take a shower, and go to bed. Cecilla and I were supposed to watch Twilight tonight but I was so tired, I don't know if I'll be able to.

As I walk through the alleyway between two of the buildings, I pull out my phone and look at what I've missed since I've been at work. All I saw was that Mallie was at Luke's tonight and Cecilla and McKayla were arguing about something in the groupchat. I'll deal with that when I get home.

Suddenly, someone grabs my wrist and throws me against the wall, my phone flying in the opposite direction..

I look up and see I'm face to face with the clown man. Fuck.

They grab my arms and hold me against the wall. I tried to yell and pull myself out of their grasp but they were so much stronger than me.

"I know Mallie is with Luke right now," the person says, so close to me that the mask was touching my face.

"She's not," I lied, taking a deep breath and trying to stay calm. Maybe if I stay cool and collected they won't hurt me.

"Don't fucking lie," the deep voice yells in my face and I jump at the sudden outburst. The voice sounded so fake, the girls were right.

"Who are you?" I yell back but it only causes them to grip my arms harder to the point I knew marks would be left.

"It is none of your fucking buisness," they mumble. "Now, I am not afraid to hurt you or one of your fucking friends if it means you dumbasses finally get the message. Mallie stays the fuck away from Luke, you got that?"

"Why? What is the purpose of all this? She isn't doing anything wrong."

Suddenly I'm punched in the stomach and I yell out in pain. God that hurt.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys this?" I hear a laugh let out by the person. "Now do you fucking understand?" they yell in my face.

I don't say anything as I try to recover from the blow to my stomach. There will definitely be a bruise.