twenty

Chapter twenty

Mallie Reynolds

Mallie Reynolds

      When I got to work the next morning, Charlotte had left a whole list of things she wanted me to do today on my desk. She wasn't even here to explain any of it because she was at some event for a client.

I'm literally just winging all of it.

The list ranged from managing a shoot to posting a shit ton on the website.

I spun around in my desk chair trying to avoid all to work I had to do. I had no motivation even though I drank two cups of coffee already.

I hear the door open and Anna walks in with an annoyed look on her face. "Mallie. What the hell are you doing?"

I spin my chair back around to face her. "Procrastinating."

She tightens her blonde hair in a high ponytail. "Well procrastinate some other time. They need you in the studio right now."

"Ew," I say groaning.

She walks over and grabs my arm, pulling me out of the chair.

"No," I tell her, dragging my feet as she pulls me to the door.

"C'mon," she says. "They need your help."

"I'm literally just a supervisor," I tell her. I wasn't that important.

"Yeah but you give good advice," Anna says, opening the door. "And hot Pedro is out there. The Brazilian photographer."

I instantly stop dragging my feet. Pedro does not compare to Luke at all but he was one beautiful man. He was one of Jacey's photographers and I've been working with him a lot recently. The Brazilian accent is just so sexy.

""I knew that would motivate you," Anna says, nudging me with her shoulder.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Let's get this over with," I say, following her out of my office.

"Do you want to get coffee after work?" Anna asks me. "We can go to the place I used to work at."

"Yeah sure," I tell her. "I'm going to need more coffee after this."

Jacey's was pretty crowded today. There were a few clients waiting to meet with agents in the lobby and I could hear loud noises coming from the studio.