twenty two

Chapter twenty two

Mallie Reynolds

"So are we really going to this thing tonight?" Cecilla asks me as I'm straightening my hair in my bathroom. I was getting ready for Michael's DJ set.

"Yes Cecilla. This is important. We have to make sure the media knows I'm with Luke not with Hayden. I got to save my reputation," I tell her. This also was the first night Luke and I were going out as an official couple.

She sighs. "I thought your rep was damaged years ago."

I glare at her. Not funny.

"I guess I'll go," she says, smiling over at me.

"Good, it'll be fun."

"I can't believe McKayla is bringing Hayden," she says, climbing up and sitting on the counter.

I put the straightener down. "You know I couldn't say no."

"I could have said no," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Cecilla. We are trying to like him, remember?"

"I don't want to. Especially after what he said to you yesterday," she says. She turns on the faucet beside her then turns it off again.

The reason why I actually said yes to Hayden coming was so the stupid paparazzi will see he is with McKayla and not me.

I grab a brush and comb through my hair. It looked good enough. "Is my hair straight in the back?" I ask her, turning around.

"No, but I'll fix it," she says, jumping down from the counter. I hand her the straightener from over my shoulder and she grabs it.

"You know I'm happy for you and Luke," she says, running the straightener through my hair.

"Thank you Cecilla," I say, smiling at her.

"Doesn't mean it'll work out though."

I knew the positivity wasn't going to last long. "We will just wait and see," I tell her.

"I'm excited to be famous though," she says combing through my hair with her fingers.

I give her a look through the mirror. "That isn't the reason we are friends with the guys, Cecilla."

"Oh I know but it's a bonus."

"Go get ready," I tell her. I pick up my phone and look at the time. "They are going to be here in half an hour."