twenty six

chapter twenty six

Mallie Reynolds      Dinner went a lot better than the shitshow that happened with McKayla and Hayden

Mallie Reynolds
     Dinner went a lot better than the shitshow that happened with McKayla and Hayden. We all ended up laughing about it and Cecilla even made her only little skit making fun of the whole thing. It was literally dinner and a show.

The guys ended up liking the shrimp creole and Ashton was the only one who said something negative about it. It needed more salt in his opinion but besides that he enjoyed it. Cecilla ended up taking credit for the meal but I Iet the guys know it was mainly Laura's doing.

I know I shouldn't be offended by what Hayden said about me but I couldn't help thinking about it all during dinner. I've never been good at taking insults especially from people I don't know. I think Luke noticed something was off with me because he kept his left hand on my leg the entire meal and lightly squeezed my thigh anytime I zoned out.

Like yeah maybe I have slept around in the past but that is definitely not who I am now. It was just me being a dumb college girl and I'm guessing McKayla had told Hayden that shit and he just really twisted it. Even Luke doesn't know about my wild life in college and I don't really want him to. I know he will eventually have to know if we want to move anywhere in our relationship but I just feel like it's too new right now for me to share something that could change his whole opinion of me.

Honestly none of this would be an issue if McKayla was not dating Hayden. If she was smart, she would dump his ass and move on. There are way better guys out there. She won't listen though and obviously doesn't read the signs or the room.

After dinner and helping clean up the kitchen, I move to the couch next to Luke who gets out the guitar he brought.

It was just an acoustic one is what he explains to me. I know nothing about instruments.I played the clarinet for two months in fifth grade and absolutely hated it. 

"What are you going to play?" I ask him, leaning in close to him and resting my head on his shoulder as he messes with the strings of the guitar or tuning it as he says.

"Anything you want," he says, smiling.

Ashton moves to the couch across from us and Cecilla sits down in her recliner. I noticed Laura and Calum weren't in the kitchen anymore. I bet they went off to her room. I literally could feel their sexual tension from across the kitchen table.

"Can you play Call Me Maybe?" Cecilla asks, propping her feet up on the coffee table with a water bottle in her hand.

I look over at her as Ashton laughs loudly.