fourteen

Chapter fourteen

Mallie Reynolds

Mallie Reynolds

I wake up the next morning to the sound of an alarm blaring. "Turn it off," I yell, not opening my eyes.

"Mallie, it's too early to be yelling," a raspy Australian accent says. I open my eyes to see Luke beside me, reaching over and grabbing his phone from off the nightstand. He turns off the alarm and then lays his head back down next to mine.

"Why did you set an alarm?" I ask, looking at him. It had to be like 7 o'clock.

"Because I knew you would forget to set one," he says, his curls falling in face.

I think for a second. Did I set one?

Shit, yeah I definitely forgot to especially with the drama from last night. If he wouldn't have turned one on, I could have easily slept to 11 which would have made me late for work.

"Thanks," I say, smiling at him. I reach my hand over and brush his hair out of his eyes.

He kisses me on the cheek then I watch him roll out of bed and pull on a shirt. "I'll go start some coffee while you get ready. Calum should be up," he tells me.

"Why would Calum be up this early?" I ask him, sitting up in the bed.

"He works out early in the morning."

I grimace. God, I don't want to even think about working out. It's probably been a month since I've done any kind of real exercise.

"What's that look for?" Luke asks me, laughing.

"Working out, ew," I say to him.

"I got to keep my smoking hot bod looking good somehow," he says, smirking to himself.

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Oh whatever. You're so fucking tall and lanky. All of y'all are."

"You don't like it?" He asks, frowning. I knew he was joking with me.

"Never said I didn't," I say, smirking at him.

He laughs and I watch him brush his hair out of his face which I found extremely attractive.

"I'll meet you downstairs in a second," I tell him.

"Okay I'll be in the kitchen," he says. He then smiles and closes the door behind him.

I roll out of the bed and grab my jeans from where I dropped them last night on the floor. I pulled them on but kept on Luke's T-shirt. I definitely changed in front of Luke last night but I was so distracted from the letter I didn't even notice.