three

Chapter three

Mallie Reynolds

   We took an Uber to the club since we were all a bit tipsy. McKayla was still the worst but every one of us was feeling it.

It took about 30 minutes to get there and the entire time McKayla was talking about meeting a hot Californian man. Cecilla was already getting pissed off at everyone and Laura was laughing a whole bunch. Me, I was just happy that I was living with my best friends in one of the biggest cities in the United States which still hasn't fully hit me.

The Uber driver drops us off at the entrance of the club and we all run to get in the line. The streets were crowded and it was definitely not something I was used to. I kept getting pushed into Cecilla and she kept yelling at me to stop touching her. She always gets bitchy when she's drunk which is actually really entertaining. The people around us in line probably think we are crazy as we all hold each other up and laugh at literally anything.

We make it to the front of the line in no time and show off our IDs before going in.

The place was huge and filled with people. It kind of gave me a retro vibe with neon lights and vintage signs lining the walls.

I hold on to Laura's hand as she leads us to an empty table. We take a seat for a second and scope out the place.

"Ok, the guy behind you in the grey shirt is hot." I have to yell at McKayla because of how loud the music was.

She slowly turns to see who I'm talking about.

"Oh damn," she says, turning back to me and smirking. She turns back around to stare at him again then turns back to us.

"I'm getting with him tonight," she says, slamming her hands down on the table.

"Sure you are," Cecilla tells her sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean," McKayla asks, getting defensive.

"You can barely stand up McKayla," Laura tells her.

"I'm sober now, I promise," McKayla says.

That's the biggest lie I have ever heard.

She stands up to prove to us her sobriety but as soon as she does, she falls into Cecilla who pushes her off immediately.

I help McKayla back into the chair and frown at her.

"Real sober," Laura mumbles to me. She looks around the room and I'm guessing she is searching for hot male potentials as well.

"Wanna get a drink," I ask her and she agrees.

"Get me one," McKayla and Cecilla both ask. I say no to McKayla but yes to Cecilla. McKayla does not need anymore.

She pouts at me but then turns back around to stare at the man she called for the night.

"What do you want?" Laura asks Cecilla and she says a rum and coke.

"Watch her please," I tell Cecilla, pointing at McKayla and she gives me a little salute.

I grab Laura's hand and pull her through the crowds of people. We have to push our way through to even get to the bar. I finally find an opening and pull us to the counter.

Two guys were sitting in barstools to our left and an old man and woman were to our right.

"What are you getting?" I yell at Laura, pulling out some cash from the back of my phone.