thirty five

Chapter thirty five

Mallie Reynolds

The next few days didn't really involve much except us trying to figure out this whole situation, but as usual, we came up with nothing. 

Laura and I were fine now which was good. We were able to talk to Officer Samson and we gave him the details of the events that happened to Laura like two days ago.

It was the same old shit though. His only advice was for us to not go out at night and never alone which really does a lot. He didn't have much to say about the warning except for to be on the lookout and be alert which is so helpful.

I really see no point in telling the cops anymore.

My anxiety was at a new level though because Luke leaves tomorrow on top of everything else going on. I was excited for him but also didn't want him to leave. The bond I have built with him the last month and half has been so important to me and I've fallen in love so fast. Obviously, we have prepared ourselves for him leaving but it hasn't really hit me that it was actually happening until today. I mean he means so much more to me now then I ever thought he would and that makes me so scared for the months coming ahead for us.

I was going over to his place tonight to stay with him one last time before he leaves. I know I'll see him in a week in Malibu but after that I don't know when the next time will be.

My schedule was so booked now at Jacey's that on top of the clown and Luke leaving made me want to just wither away and die. Charlotte has booked me full with clients the past few weeks which is fine but also very stressful. She keeps telling me if it's too much, she can lighten my load but I want to prove to her that I can handle it all on my own. Anna has been given a lot too so we are trying to work together to plan out our schedules. On top of that, the fall clothing line has just come out so I'm constantly posting on their social media and looking at ratings and at the end of next month, I have to present an overview to the company with graphs and a bunch of other shit. But for right now, I was trying to deal with what was going on in the present.

I grabbed my Macbook from my desk and brought it into the living room so I could do some work while hanging out with my friends who were all here except for Cecilla.

"I'm probably going out tonight," McKayla says, looking over at me as I sit down on the couch across from her.

"I don't think that is such a good idea," Laura says, sitting in the kitchen on her phone.

"Okay Mother," McKayla says, sarcastically, causing Laura to roll her eyes. "I'm going with Anna so it's fine."

Laura looks up from her phone. "McKayla, remember about the warning we were giving? How are two drunk girls in their twenties going to fight off someone? Anything can happen at any time."

I notice McKayla rolls her eyes. "Can't live in fear Laura." She then walks off to her room.

"She's going to go out no matter what you say," I told Laura, opening up my laptop and pulling up Jacey's instagram.

She leans her head back and takes a deep breath. "I know but I'm worried."

"She is reasonably responsible so we can only hope that she and Anna just act smart while they are there. Where are they even going anyway?" I ask Laura.

"No fucking clue."

I hear a door open and I immediately turn to see who it was.

"Can we get really drunk tonight?" is the first thing Cecilla asks when she walks in the door.

"It'll just be me and you tonight but yeah sure," Laura tells her as Cecilla closes the front door behind her.

She then throws her purse down on the table and turns to us with her arms crossed. "Where will everyone else be?"

"I will be at Luke's," I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Getting some goodbye dick before he leaves I suppose?" she says and then laughs to herself.

I narrowed my eyes at her. Funny.

"McKayla is going out," Laura tells her, changing the subject.

"Of course she is," Cecilla says, shaking her head. "Anyway, I have had the longest day and all I want is to drink some whiskey and watch porn."

"I will not be joining you," Laura says and I laugh quietly to myself.

"I'm just joking," Cecilla says. "I do want whiskey though."

"We should still have some," I tell her, pointing to the alcohol cabinet.

"As long as McKayla didn't drink it," she says, laughing to herself.

"She doesn't like whiskey," Laura says and Cecilla looks over at her.

"She drinks everything," Cecilla says, grabbing the bottle out of the cabinet.

"I can hear yall," I hear McKayla yell from her room.

"Oh shit, didn't know she was here," Cecilla says, smirking.

"Convince her to not go out tonight," Laura tells Cecilla who shakes her head.

"No. Its her own stupid decision and she'll be fine with Anna. It's not like it is just McKayla going by herself."

"Yeah but it still makes me very nervous. The tensions are very high after my interaction with the clown."

"Laura," I say, turning to her. "Let's just be positive and think that nothing bad will happen."

She grimaces at me. "Mallie, shut up."

"Honestly that wasn't helpful at all," Cecilla says and I frown at her.

"Like what you are saying is so helpful," I tell her.

"It was," she says, nodding.

We sit in the living room for a while and McKayla ends up leaving to go out no matter what Laura said.

It'll all be fine though.

"When are you going to Luke's?" Cecilla asks me.

"Soon," I tell her, standing up from the couch. "I wanna spend as much time with him as possible."

"Well having sex with him the whole night is wasting that key quality time you want to spend,"  Cecilla tells me with a smirk on her face.

"Shut the fuck up," I tell her, flipping her off and then walking back to my room.

I had already packed a bag earlier so I could be fully ready to go.

I know it sounds like I will never see him again but it basically feels that way especially since it will be for a while after next week.

"Be very careful," Laura tells me when I walk back into the living room.

"Always," I tell her and then walk out the front door.