1. First Christmas

Nick

My gold pocket-watch read 15 degrees Fahrenheit as we flew across the open air. It was a cold and chilly night, the perfect weather to bring in the Christmas Spirit.

I pull Wynter into my arms to warm her as she rested against my chest. We had barely traveled through half of the world and she had already fallen asleep.

Santa's little helper huh?

We passed by Spain, Paris, the Eiffel Tower, and Big Ben. I think London was her favorite. That's what she mumbled as she tried to fight off sleep.

There were a few more houses and presents to give before daybreak. I steered the sleigh North to allow Jingles and the other reindeer a quick break at the peak of Mount Everest, feeding them a couple of warm carrots and hot cocoa. Wynter was knocked out cold. I guess the icy weather and infrequent time zones didn't help

Once they were through with their snacks, l continue on.

——-

A spacious  plain greets the air as we fly over the sany dunes of Africa. We were in the Northern region of Egypt.

"Wyn. Wyn! Wake up!" I shake her to wake. She groans and turns away, snuggling deeper into her wool blanket. She told me to wake her up when we reached Africa but I guess sleep was more important to her.

I continue down the length of the continent, working my way from house to house until I came across a little village in the outskirts of Niger.

I parked the sleigh behind the thick bushes before approaching the semicircle of huts.

I enter a couple of them, pushing toys under their mats and pillows. It I my took seconds before I felt someone behind me accompanied with a tiny tug on my left leg.

I looked down and see a small child. He was in a tattered white shirt and sandy shorts.

"Are you Santa?" He whispers. I nod, bending down to face him.

"You believe in Santa?" I ask him.

"No" he shakes his head. I pull out a small race car from my red sack to gift.

"Ahhh!" He screams excitedly.

"You believe now?" I smirk. He smiles and takes it from my hand, rolling it's red wheels against the dirt.

"You have been taking great care of your little sisters Owo. Be good, and give them these" I pull out four Wynter Barbie dolls for each sister and stuff them in his arms.

He smiles, showing that he would listen.

"Now go back to sleep. Okay?" He skips away and forces his eyes closed once more.

I bent low to put more gifts under their makeshift tree, careful not wake them. I gifted a couple of marvel T-shirts and shorts in addition with shoes for the family.

"Nick?" Wynter whispers. I turn around and smile as I see her watching. I guess she arrived just in time for the the interaction.

"You're finally awake?" I teased. She came beside me, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my lips. "I love you Santa Claus" she whispers. I knew her heart was touched by the simple interaction.

We stare at each other in adoration before pulling away. "Come on. Let's go home"

"We're done?"

"We?" I teased. She nodded and giggled. We go hand in hand to the sleigh and I start the journey home.