21) Frostbite

Wynter

"Wyn, you're ready?" Drew yells through the door.

"Yes! Just one more minute! I'm grabbing some folders"

Nick was expecting me at 12pm and it was already 12:15pm. I begged Drew to accompany to the warehouse to give my first ever presentation for The North as CEO.

Jingles runs in and nudges me with his nose. "I know! I know! I'm coming now"

"Drew! I'm ready!!" I yell. Drew and I walk to the barn where the reindeer's were housed. "Wyn. I'll meet you there" Drew says untying the leash from Prancer.

"I'll see you there! Come on Jingles" I turn to him. He nudges me on so I could climb his back and we were off.

"Sorry I'm late" Nick and I kiss before he leads me to the conference room doors.
"All the investors and dignitaries are in there. You're ready"

I look into Nick's eyes and nod. Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous.

"You're gonna do great. I'll introduce you" Nick kisses my forehead again before entering through the doors.

"Did you start yet?" Drew runs in.

"No. Not yet. Nick is introducing me"
Drew nodded and perks in the conference room windows.

"You nervous?" He asks, adjusting his tie.

"Surprisingly no" I shrug, opening my folder to review the last bit of notes.

"Okay Wyn, they're ready for you" Nick says. He leads me into the conference room where I begin.

——-

"And that's the Fiscal Year projections" I smile before ending the presentation. Nick's eyes Drink me in with pride and passion. It was a mix of the two emotions. I could tell he was turned on by ambition. It was one of the things he fell in love with.

"Thank you Mrs. Claus. Very good presentation" one man with white hair stands to congratulate me. Nick stands and pulls out the chair beside him so I can sit.

"You did amazing" he whispers kissing my cheek. I smile and sit up with pride. A few more things were said at the meeting but I tuned out the minute Nick put a hand around my waist.

Nick and I held hands under the table, intertwining our fingers with love.

"Okay. Meeting adjourned." Everyone stands and starts little conversations with each other.

Drew sat against the table speaking with a few dignitaries before moving over to Nick and I.

"You did great Wyn." Drew high fives me.

"You did amazing." Nick kisses me again. We linger a bit longer for comfort.

"Should I go!" Drew coughs impatiently.

I giggle and kiss Nick's forehead. "We'll finish this later." I whisper and stand to go.

"You two have behave. I'm gonna head back to the castle. I have to look at wedding hairstyles"

"Okay. Be safe." Nick chuckles. Him and Drew proceed to talk about figures and graphs relating to the pole.

Nick

Drew and I discuss a bit more numbers but we're interrupted by Jingles.

"Jingles what's up?" He looked frantic.
"What?" My stomach lurched. "It was Wynter?  Take me to her!"

"What did he say?" Drew follows behind me.

"He says Wynter is in trouble." My feet race until I could feel them no longer. I had to find her.

——-

"Wyn
Wyn"
She's in the snow, covered by wet droplets of flakes.

"She fainted?" Drew frowns frantically.

"Wyn..come one Wynnn!!" I shake her, trying to jolt her awake.

"Drew, take Prancer and go back to the castle! Get the nurses and healers"

Drew sprints to action.
I bent low and carry her indoors, into the warehouse to feel warmth.

"Come on Wyn" I whisper, lifting my finger to warm her up. As I tried to zap a bolt of magic through her it reverberated back to me.

That was strange? My magic has never done that.

"My king? We are ready to escort Queen Wynter to the infirmary" a few healers enter in.
I stood and let them lift her so they could treat her.

——

"What's wrong with her?"

"She has frostbite my king" I press my finger against my lip with concern. How in the world did Wynter get frostbite?

"How did this happen?"

"We do not know my king but we have to run test. Since she is human, we must treat her with a bit more caution"

"Run evey test possible.
And keep this under wraps.
The people can't know. They will worry"

"Yes your majesty." One of the healers bowed before moving to treat Wynter.