11) Welcome to the Claus Family!

"All the Claus family will be there. My great uncles and aunts some nephews and nieces. The first Santa will be there too" Nick went over a list of persons so I could prepare myself for what was soon to come.

"Every past Santa clause? In the same room?" I stop looping popcorn onto the thread.

"You said you wanted a big family? Here's your family" Nick teased, popping a few morsels into his mouth. It was New Year's eve and he and I were looping popcorn onto a thread. Well, he was using his magic to loop it through while I was using my hands.

I stood up to start decorating the rest of the large Christmas tree in the middle of the foyer. The servants insisted they decorate it but I refused them the right. It was a way Nick and I could bond.

There was a tall silver ladder that the servants had left in case of any high points we couldn't reach. We were in charge of any last-minute decorations before his family arrived.

Nick lifted his hands and used his magic, making all the decorations float into the air and onto the tree in an instant.

"Nick!" I frown, crossing my arms in annoyance. "I wanted to decorate... normally."

"Really?" He looked surprised as if it was a tedious chore.

"It's my first Christmas and decorating distracts me from...a lot" I whisper, thinking back to the chandelier that almost landed on me just a few days prior. He stands from his chair and comes up the ladder behind me, holding my waist near. "Sorry, Wyn. I forgot" he kisses my neck. "You're right. I should have remembered" He turns my jaw so he could kiss my lips with remorse before helping me decorate little by little, passing me crystal ornaments and peppermint candy.

"I wanted a big family but all at once?" I break the silence of the atmosphere. He smirked and pulled me into his arms.

"What's wrong with meeting them all at once?"

"If they're anything like you're father then I am in trouble" I frown.

"Stop worrying Wyn." He lifts me off the ladder and carries me down. "They'll love you. Just like I do" I giggle wrapping my arms around him as we touch the floor. We stare into each other's eyes. He was my new peace.

"Plus, if I'm Santa Claus and I'm the boss...you're Mrs. Claus and that makes you boss. People have to like us 'cause we're in charge" He loops an arm around my waist, escorting me up the stairs to our room.
Drew slides down the railing of the stairs, messing up the decorations the servants just placed.

"Drew!" Nick groaned, annoyed at his immaturity.

"Wyn you ready to meet our family!" His light green eyes beamed with mischief as he waited for my response.
"I suppose Drew."

"Think of it! All the clauses in one room. I think there should be over 50 Santa's! Imagine that! All of them looking at you, judging you, looking at every imperfection—-"

"I got it Drew!" I snapped, interrupting his monologue. Nick lifted his fingers and made a trail of tinsel wrap around his mouth.

"There. Fixed" He smirks, leading me up the rest of the way.

"Don't pay attention to him. He really has the biggest mouth on the Pole."

"I'm suprised he kept our fake engagement a secret. Don't you owe him for that?"

"Don't remind him" he frown, looking behind me to make sure he didn't hear it.

"Come on. Let's get ready"

——

A few hours later

"You ready?" Nick tied the last loop on his tie.