6) Plans Have Changed

Wynter

I bid Lori goodbye before Nick and I sped past the paparazzi and into the skies to the North Pole. Drew was going to see Lizabeth before he returned home.

We returned back to the North Pole in record time.

Nick and I walk back to the castle hand in hand as we discuss potential wedding cake flavors. I still had nightmares about the disgusting gingerbread cake Mrs. Claus forced down our throats.

Mrs claus still made sure to keep her distance as I adjusted to life here. I knew Nick had begged her to help me assimilate into the North Pole but there was still a distance between her and I.

Plus, she had the double task of helping me plan a wedding and assimilating into my new role.

We walked through hallways of the castle but are soon met with a frenzy of servants, cooks, and seamstress. They were running in every which way as she pointed in evey direction. It was utter chaos.

Nick sneaks a glance at me before spotting his mom in the distance.

"Mom? Ma!" He tries to get her attention as she directs the people. "Ma! What's going on?"

"Oh Nick it's a disaster. You know The annual after Christmas banquet that's thrown every year? Well it was moved into our castle last minute!"

"No way!" Nick reacted in fake alarm. I giggled, squeezing his hand to behave.

"So now I have 200 guests coming for a banquet in 3 days and that's not including your uncles and aunts and grandparents—" A loud crash sounds in the distance and breaks her attention.
"No!! No! Agatha! The white! The white one."

We hear another loud crash and turn our heads back to see the commotion. "Let me check on that..." she mutters before running away.

Nick laughs and shrugs. "Welcome to the Pole" he smirks.

"Is it always this chaotic?"

"You think this is chaotic? Wait until Christmas Eve" he smirks before leading me to our wing.

"After Christmas banquet?" I ask curiously.

"Yea. Since everyone is busy on Christmas, we have a n after Christmas banquet. All my family is coming. My uncles, all the Santa's, their wives"

"All on one room?" I blurted my thoughts aloud. That made me nervous.

Nick senses my worry and kisses my cheek, assuring me of my strengths. "Don't worry. They're harmless."

We walked through the hallway and we're almost to our rooms before Mrs. Clause appeared.

"Nick! Nick! Please do me a huge favor and blow the horn? Wynter, you go with him!" His mother made a long white horn appear from thin air and passed it to him.,

"Come on." Nick sighs, pulling me in his arms before transporting me away.

——

We arrive at the tallest point of the castle.
"Omg!" I screamed as I gust of wind nearly carried me away but of course Nick held me on his safe arms.

It was a beautiful view. It overlooked the North pole. Mountains of ice and snow blanketed the black horizon. The blue and red lights of the villages in the distance illuminated the calm night sky.

"I'll never get tired of this view" He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

We relish in silence, staring at the horizon, both of us content with our own love and understanding.

"Oh! The horn! The reason we came up here" Nick takes out the horn out and shows it off. "You want to do the honors?"

"Isn't it magic or something?" I frown looking at its magnificent design.

"Of course it is but you're practically magic." He says. "I just want you to feel included Wyn" he says, warming up my shoulders as a gust of wind blows past.

I nod excitedly and Blow it, but there was no sound.

"Nothing sounded."

"It did. It summons at a decibel only claus men and women can hear." Nick takes it and blows into it two more times. It still didn't make a noise.

"They'll be here in three days"

"Can't wait!" I lie pathetically.

——