2. Spilt Nog

That same morning

Nick

I kiss Wynter's fingers one by one, memorizing each divet and curve until I came to the finger with her wedding ring.

She was distracted of course, picking at her breakfast plate and reading over a wedding magazine I had found in our living room.

"Look" she points to a sequined white wedding dress that was a bit too gaudy for my taste.

"No" I whisper between a kiss. She points out more ideas and designs, asking for my seal of approval.
As she turns another page of the magazine, my phone rings.

"Hello?
Yes. No way! Yep yep. Tell her we're even. Yeah. Yea... see your then" I hangs up the phone before turning to Wynter.

"Who was that?" She asks, her gaze still fixed to the magazine.

"Vera's office"

"Vera? Whose Vera?" She frowns, turning the page to another wedding dress design.

"Vera Wang" I say carefully, waiting for Wynter's reaction. I knew she would flip.

"No. No way! Not the Vera Wang? Wedding dress icon?" She shouted excitedly.

"Yep. I helped her get a super rare fabric one Christmas in '09 so she owes me a favor. We have a meeting with her Monday."

"No way! No way! She's gonna be our wedding planner?" She screams, hugging my neck. "Thank you thank you! Omg I love being Mrs. Claus!" She sits in my lap, kissing my cheek.

"Perfect wedding
Perfect husband
All that's missing is— deer claws." She frowns before popping another peice of bacon in her mouth.

"Guards?" I call. Two servants came and bowed at my feet.

"Tell the baker to make 12 dozen deer claws. Fresh."

"Yes your majesty" one of them replies before standing to start their task.

Wynter blushes as she hears the title. She wasn't used to the "majesty" and servants quite yet. "Nick you didn't have to..."

"You wanted deer claws? Why not? You'll get used to it soon enough" I kiss her palm adoringly.

Wynter

"Happy Day after Christmas!!" Drew enters the room with a cheerful smile.

"Hey Drew!" I smiled as he entered in. He pulls a seat next to me and steals a piece of bacon from my plate.

"Have you talked with Elizabeth yet?" I tried to hide my smile. Nick and I saw the kiss. It was more than obvious something more was going on.

He nodded before popping another piece into his mouth. "She wants to know when the wedding is."

"Oh shoot! She doesn't know I got married already! I keep forgetting to update her"

"She told me she's feeling left out"

"Oh no." I felt saddened by Drew's revelation.
She was right. I've been leaving her out of the loop but that was only because I had a huge secret to keep. I was too nervous to tell her about my life because I was afraid something might slip.

"I feel bad lying to her" I pout, lifting my mug of tea to my lips. "I'll ask her to be my maid of honor! She is my only friend."

"You guys are having another wedding?"

"Yep! Two actually. One for magical entities and your family. And one for my friends on Earth" I inform him.

"Wel, instead of maid of honor, you could ask her to be your wedding planner?" Drew pipes, "I mean, you saw her at the photoshoot. She payed attention to detail, effectively completed it, and produced great results. That would make her feel included"