13) CEO

Wynter

The next morning, Nick, Uncle Richie, his wife Grace and I travel to the Warehouse/ factory. They were staying an extra week since they were kind enough to help me. Jingles was at the end of our pack, neighing and jingling his bells with excitement. He wasn't allowed in the factory but I insisted he be let in.

"Okay so this is the south side of the factory. This is Garland, he is in charge of the elves and their work.
He was a fatter man with a brown beard and a friendly face.

"Hello Mrs. Clause" he bows in reverence. "It is pleasure to meet you"

"Likewise Garland" I smile politely. Hopefully he was nicer than Kringle. Where was she by the way?

"She's in the office" Nick answers. I frown and give him a look. He knew I didn't like him reading my mind. He smiled sheepishly and kisses my cheek apologetically. "Sorry. Wyn"

Uncle Richie and his wife lead me further down the factory, introducing me to the workers and giving me a tour of all the conveyor belts and such.

"And this is Joy. She is head of operations and warehouse logistics" Uncle Richie explains.
The first thing I noticed about Joy was that she was very tall. She bows to show me respect and bows to Nick and his family. Everyone was so friendly, I was surprised they were taking me in with no questions asked.

After a few more hallways and hidden rooms, Uncle Richie suggest Jingles and I go back to Nick's office to take a breather. Nick, him, and Grace still needed to go over some last minute logistics before the new year came.

I see Kringle perched over her desk observing some papers. She made it her mission to avoid greeting me but I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.
"Hello Kringle" I smile, ingenuity cloaking my lips.

"Oh! Wynter! I didn't even see you there!" She pretends to gasp in shock.

"Hmm. I'll tell Nick to find some glasses for you. That should help" I try to sound as nice as possible. I take a pen and paper from her desk and write out a baseless note, purposely showing off my diamond ring that was on my left hand. The glare of the ring was too bright for anyone to ignore. "Shoot!" I curse, looking at my ring with fake disappointment. "This ring is so big, it always gets in the way when I'm writing" I frown, showing it off to Kringle. "See jingles" I show him to be impartial. He rolls his eyes and pushes me towards Nick's office.

"We'll, be well" I wave, taking the note and walking to Nick's office, shutting the door behind me.

" Hehe" I chuckle to myself. I never was one to brag about my accomplishments or my ring but Kringle deserved it. Jingles watches me and shakes his head, disapproving of my actions.

"You would do the same too Jingles. You know she's obsessed with Nick" He neighs but still frowns. I stick out my tongue at him and skip to Nick's computer.

I shake the mouse but a password wall greeted my sight.
"What's his password?" I peek behind the monitor too look at Jingles. He was already drifting off to sleep in the cushions of the office.

"Drew?" Incorrect.
Hmmm. What about Jingles? Incorrect
Umm... NickClaus1? Incorrect.

I was getting annoyed now. I pull out my phone to text him but just as I was about to, I had a though. Maybe...no,it couldn't be.
"WynterRyder"

I almost cried as the password went through. Nick always surprised me with the little details he paid attention to. It made me love him even more.

My mouth twists in distaste as I see his bland computer background filled with nothing but blue and orange pastels. I send a photo of us to his computer and put it as his background picture.
Much better! He would thank me for it later.