22) Chili

I blink awake, straining my eyes to adjust to the light of the room.
I try to open my throat to speak but it was too dry. I hadn't even noticed the heaviness of Nick's head as it rested against my thigh.

I almost cry as I see him sleeping against my skin. I don't remember what had happened or where I was, all I knew is that it couldn't be good.

"Wynn?" His voice was hoarse and tired. I guess the subtle sounds against my bedside alerted him to stir.

"Hey Mr. Clause" I smile weakly. He pulls me into his arms and kisses me deeply. Gently, he pulls away and frowns, his soft eyes scanning my features.

"You were out for 4 days Wynn." He whispers, pulling my hands into his.

Nick

I watch Wynter carefully as she watches me. She lifts her eyes, turning her head left then right to observe the room. "Where am I? What ..happened"
She scoots up to sit against the bed frame. Even after four days of sleep, she still looked effortlessly beautiful.

"You fainted in the cold Wyn.
You have frostbite"

"What? But how?" She frowns.

I Watch her carefully as she rested against the pillow. Everyone in the Pole knew that you could only get Frostbite by the one and only Jack Frost. That meant that Wynter had met with Jack Frost recently and had to have had... physical contact.

"They're still running tests." I lie. I knew she wouldn't tell me if I asked. "How do you feel?"

"I feel good? Okay?" She frowns. "Nick" she stares at me with worry in her eyes. "You haven't slept... have you"

I was quiet. She knew it was true.

"You were worried about me?" She sounded like she was about to cry.

"Of course I was Wyn! Seeing you in the snow was one of the...scariest things to happen in my life." I try not to choke on my words. I couldn't imagine a life without Wynter in my life.

Wynter scoots up and holds my jaw before kissing me deeply. "I love you Nick ". I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to worry."

Wynter

Nick smirks and looks at me with his soft brown eyes. I knew Nick had been up all night, restless.

"I'm fine Nick"

"Honest?" He says holding my palm before placing a gentle kiss against it.

"Honest
I'm fine." I crouch up on my knees and wrap my arms around him, kissing him fondly.

"You want to know why? Because I have the best doctor ever" I smile.

He chuckles gently and before standing up to face me. "I'll tell the servants to bring you a bowl of soup. You like soup?"

"Chili?" I smile, letting him know my favorite soul.

"Chili? Cold soup?" Nick chuckles as if it was the funniest thing he's ever heard. Sometimes I forgot that he wasn't a human.

"No" I laugh, "it's like... well chili is beef and beans with a tomato sauce and spices" I explain.

Nick looks up to the sky to think before nodding. "Chili" he smirks. "I'll have the servants look it up and cook it for you"

"Thank you Nick" I smiled warmly. He kisses me once more before letting me rest. He slowly retreats to go alert the servants. I was finally left alone.

I look around the room making sure the coast was clear so I could test my theory.

"Zap!!" My finger lights up with a bolt of lighting. I still had the magic!!
I was so excited and nervous.
I was really a magically entity!
Now, to start phase two of operation Christmas Baby.

——