Chapter 8

Y/n POV:
Once we were in the kitchen I grabbed the cake Darry left on the counter, as I cut into the cake Johnny said laughing, "you really are Twos sister," I looked at him and laughed a little, "yup, even ask my dad," I put a piece onto a plate and did the same for Johnny, I gave him his plate and kissed his cheek, that until I turned redder than Marilyn Monroe's lipstick. I looked down eating my cake as Johnny laughed at my shyness.

Johnny grabbed my plate and set it on the coumter next to his, then used his finger to lift my chin up so I can look into his eyes. He leaned closer, I did too of course. We were just centimeters close to each other, until someone walked in the door. I looked up to see Soda in a towel with his cap on, water dripping down his body, he looked at us awkwardly and coughed.

"Sorry if I interupted something, imma go," Sodapop said as he walked back out. Johnny looked back at me, then all of a sudden he pulled me in and kissed me passionately, I kissed back smiling into the kiss. We pull away and catch our breaths. "Wow" I said. "Yeah.." Johnny replied amd gave me my cake back.

Ponyboy POV:
Darry and Soda got ready for bed, and Robert sat on the couch drinking a beer and probably plotting a murder. I went to my room, Hannah still sleeping peacefully, I changed my shirt and got into some sweatpants. I put a blanket over Hannah and kissed her forehead. Then walked out into the living room to find y/n and Johnny kissing. "Thanks for the free romance movie," I said sarcastically and laughed. Y/n and Johnny blushed looking at their feet. "Where's Soda?" I asked. "Darrys room," y/n replied.

"Okay, now Robert," I then asked again. "Bathroom," this time Johnny replied. "I'm going to bed guys, y/n you got your key?" I asked, sometimes she forgets her key, so she would sleep here when her dad locks her out and Two-bit is out drinking and picking up broads. "Yeah I got my key thank god," she said giggling. I knew Johnny was probably gonng go sleep over with her. "Is Hannah still sleeping?" Robert asked walking out of the bathroom.

"Yeah," Y/n replied. "Okay, is it okay if i leave her here? Our mother is home," Robert asked. "Yeah I know Darry wont mind," I replied. "Thanks Pony, i owe you," Robert said walking out the door before I can say he doesnt have to. "Well, we are gonna head over to mine, lets hope my dad aint home or a drunk two," y/n said grabbing Johnny's hand and walking out the door.

I walked up to my room and carefully pushed Hannah closer to the wall. I crawled in next to her and put my arm around her. I will admit I like her, but heres the thing... Dally does too and who knows if her and Charlie are still together.

Author note:Thanks for reading!