chapter 22

3 months later

 y/n POV:

 Its July now, well, July 25th may I add. and I hate July 25th, why? well its my fucking birthday. Johnny already turn 17 last month, now its my turn to be 17. Ponyboy and Hannah already turned 15 and 16. and now today I turn 17, golly, I really hope the guys forgot it, same with Two-bit. I got up from my bed and got dressed, a black tee, with a leather jacket, and some blue jeans. I honestly don't care if its 100 degrees I am wearing my jacket. I head out the door right after I throw on some converses, "man, why is it so cold at seven in the morning," I say to myself as I head towards the cemetery.

 once I reached the gates of the dead, I climbed over, since the gates open at 10. "I missed this place," I say to myself as I walk far into the gated community for the passed. 

 once I seen a specific gravestone I sat next to it, "hey momma, I miss you, I am sure Two does too, I don't know about dad though, I haven't seen him in weeks." I say to my mothers headstone, "Its my lucky 17 today momma, and I really do hate spending it without you, but I promise I will at least eat some cake," I giggle, I kiss the headstone and start crying a bit. 

 "I love you momma, and remember the movie, some like it hot? I showed it to Johnny and he loves it now," I tell while giggling. "remember we would watch it nonstop?" I ask, no answer of course. Tears are still flowing down my face as I lay down. "I am in love, I really am, with Johnny, hes just so, so, well hes a whole bunch of things, its like we are you and dad, when you guys fell in love around 14 and dated until 18, had Two, a few years later I came along, then like 14 years later we found out you had can cancer," I said, crying a little harder. "I fucking miss you," I whisper looking up at the clouds. "I remember you really digged the movie bringing up baby, so I think I am going to go see it tonight, I heard Its playing," I tell the grave. I probably look like an idiot right now, But that's not on my mind. 

 "today I am just going to spend it with you and myself, not Two or the gang, your probably telling me not to, but I honestly don't need to spend everyday with those idiots," I say laughing to myself. "I just hope they don't go looking for me," I added on. 

  "hey, your birthday is coming up in a few days! I could come back, in a earlier hour, and bring some cake and a few sodas!" I say excited. "gee, 37 momma, your getting old," I joke. I sit up again and notice a rose sitting in front of the stone, "I see you have another visitor," I say, "I didn't know Two comes to visit, or dad, hell, they haven't seen your grave since your funeral," I say, I smile now knowing my mother has another visitor, other than me. I look down at my watch to see the time was 12 in the afternoon. "the movie starts in a half hour, I love you momma, I will visit again in a few days," I say kissing the headstone and walking out of the now opened gates. 

 I snuck into the drive in, threw the hole in the fence and headed over towards the concession for a soda and some popcorn.

 I sat down right as the movie started.

 after the movie I walked over to the dingo, first making sure the gang isn't there. Once I make sure no one I know is in there I walk in and take a seat. "hello miss, what would you like for a soda or water?" I hear the waitress, I look up at the lady serving me and smiled, "just a milkshake please," I say with kindness. however the guy in front of me wasn't being kind, "hey, are you going to fucking clean this?" He asks as he pushes a glass off the table, well not asking, more like a command. the waitress nods and starts picking up the shards of glass, I get up with some of my napkins and start wiping up the water. "why are you helping her? she needs to clean it, her kind isn't even supposed to work here!" The man says pushing me away from the mess, I slap the asshole across the face and glare at him, "just because she is black, does not mean she has to be treated poorly!" I say, well more like yell. The man looks back down at me and pushes me, I laugh at the bad decision and punch the man, "think not twice but three times before your actions and sayings mister," I say glaring at him. The man just scoffs and walks out of the dingo, the waitress smiles at me and pulls me into a huge hug, "thank you love," she whispers. I smile and hug back tighter. 

 author note: hope you like it! this ones a little longer! Love you all!! 🖤💖