19. Trek to Hollywood

Eben's pov

As much as I adore tour, it was nice to be back in LA and see everyone again. They all came to sound check and the show. The crowd was wild, and it was awesome to see my best friends in the entire world screaming out my lyrics along with all the fans.

After the show was over, we went out for a late dinner, and then I slept in my own bed for the first time in a month.

The next day, Why Don't We began their comeback. They created an Instagram account called @whereiswdw and got us all to follow it. Soon fans had figured out that the account was in fact Why Don't We's and not a fans, and the followers began streaming in.

The plan was to post for 10 days and then announce their first album single, an epic song called Fallin' (Adrenaline) that I know will be a hit.

"So, turns out we've unintentionally had a countdown in the photos," Corbyn announced, walking into my room. "The fans are part of the FBI or something and have found numbers in every single photo, so now we have to keep it going," He chuckled, pulling up the photos to show me.

Why Don't We truly came back with a bang.

Fallin' (Adrenaline) dropped, and fans went crazy. The song had topped the iTunes charts within an hour, and all different radios began to play it. I also hadn't realised how much the boys had glown up since they left social media, something the fans took about 0.00005 seconds to point out.

Suddenly the boys were very busy with promo and rehearsals and so on.

A week or so after the drop, I was on FaceTime with Y/n while she was driving to a rehearsal.

"I have nothing on tomorrow," She said. "I have been meaning to do the hike to the Hollywood sign since forever. We could go tomorrow with whoever else is free. It would be great vlog content if y'all don't mind."

The next morning Y/n, Gabbie, Lavy, Anna, Christian, and myself climbed out of the car at the start of the hike. We'd decided to do the Innsdale Drive – a 4.6 mile round trip with 750 feet of elevation change.

It didn't take long for us to see the sign. It was still quite a way up the hill, but it was still really cool to see. Y/n especially was pretty excited to see it.

We hiked slowly, taking the time to take in the views and appreciate every little detail. Lavender also wanted to walk instead of being carried for a while, something that slowed us down even more, not that we minded.

The hills are mostly covered with bushes with a few trees here and there. The trails are dirt — with the exception of built up areas — and the colour scheme reminds me a lot of an army uniform, with khaki greens and browns splattered about unevenly.

Looking out over LA, scattered mansions extended toward the city, eventually becoming the apartments of the city centre.

"This would look pretty cool at night..." Y/n sighed, recording a panorama shot with her camera for her vlog. "What do you think, Eben?" She brought the camera around so that I was on camera.

"I think it's beautiful," I grinned.

Y/n panned to Anna, who was gazing dreamily out toward the horizon.

"Oh, paparazzi," Anna laughed when she noticed. She began posing like a model, making us all laugh.

We kept going. After a while, Lavy decided she didn't want to walk anymore.

"Up," She commanded Gabbie, holding up her hands. Gabbie groaned.

"I'll carry her," I offered.

Gabbie passed me the carrier, and I did my best to put it on.

"Not quite... nope... Try the other strap," Y/n laughed.

"How about you help me instead of laughing and filming," I suggested.

Y/n passed the camera to Anna, and came over to help me untangle myself. Soon I had the carrier on, and Lavy was strapped to my front.

"Team work!" I held my hand out for a high-five, and she delivered, laughing.

I carried Lavender the rest of the way up to the sign. She was very talkative, and, although I mostly had no idea what she was saying, we had a nice long conversation about, well... nothing? It was extremely cute though.

We had lunch at the top, and then headed back down, stopping for photos on the way. Y/n was carrying Lavy down, and I couldn't help keep glancing at her as she walked talking to Anna and Gabbie.

"You like her, don't you?" Christian nudged me, knocking me out of my daydream.

"What- I- Well I-," I stuttered.

"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckled. "You're redder than a tomato... Don't worry, I'm pretty sure she's fallen too. Just ask her already!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HE CONFESSED HIS FEELINGS ALSO CHRISTIAN IS AWESOME AND I LOVE HIM