22. Date Night

Y/n's pov

I was taking Eben to a drive-in movie. My plan was to put down the back seat of my car and cover it with the abundance of cushions and blankets I had stuffed in the boot for the occasion. Then we would just reverse park, and watch with an open boot.

I had also made a big bag of popcorn and brought a whole lot of other snacks and finger food for dinner. Like a picnic, but in the back of my car.

When we were almost at the drive-in movie place, I got Eben to put a scarf on as a blindfold.

"I still have no idea where we're going..."

"Good. And, no, I am not telling you. Put the blindfold on."

"But then I can't look at your beautiful face..." he whined.

"Awww, stop," I blushed, keeping my eyes on the road. " If you don't put the blindfold on now or I-"

"Make me," Eben interrupted with a smirk. "You won't."

"Watch me."

I turned on my blinker and pulled over to the side of the road.

I buckled my seatbelt, snatching the scarf from him as I did so. Skirting over onto his lap, I attacked him with the blindfold. He started tickling me.

"Stop!" I squealed pushing his arms away.

He stopped, and I reached up to put the scarf around his head.

"Sike!" He began to tickle me again.

As I squirmed, I had an idea. I grabbed his face and kissed him. Eben stopped tickling me and kissed back. Slowly and carefully, without breaking the kiss, I slipped the scarf behind his head and then pulled it around his eyes and tied it before he could stop me.

"Sike, I win," I whispered in his ear, before kissing his cheek and climbing back into my seat.

"I don't even know what to say other than well played. Oh, and I can't see a single thing."

"Good. We're almost there."

I pulled into the drive-thru place and handed my tickets to the booth operator, and then drove to a parking space.

"Can I take it off yet? You're parking, aren't you?"

"Patience, my dear. All will be revealed."

"Did you just call me your dear? Please keep doing that. I like it."

"Anything, my dear," I grinned. "Now, stay there while I do a few things. And, please don't ruin the surprise and take the scarf off. Please?"

I skipped around to the boot of the car and opened it. After pulling all the pillow and blankets and bags out, I put down the back seat.

"What are you doing?" Eben called. "It sounds... dangerous?"

"All will be revealed momentarily," I called back, putting all the pillows and blankets back in the now much larger space in the back of the car, and piling the food bags in a corner.

Once I was done, I made my way around to Eben's door and opened it.

"Without taking the blindfold off, you can take your seatbelt off and I'll guide you... somewhere."

He obliged. I took him the long way around the car.

"Dude, you're almost cutting the circulation to my hand. Do you really not trust me?"

"I-," He loosened his grip.

"I thought so," I grinned, positioning him so that he was facing the open boot.

Then, I reached up and untied the scarf, pulling it away like Dr Doofenshmirtz revealing his latest Something-Inator to Perry the Platypus. "Taa-daa!"

"Ohh, drive-in movie. Dope!" He pulled me into a side hug. "Thanks."

"I'm glad you like it."

He pulled me toward the car, and we climbed into the boot.

"Was the blindfold really necessary?"

"No, but it was fun," I grinned. "I have snacks."

We simultaneously started building a nest out of pillows and then snuggled up together in it, just as the pre-movie ads started playing.

"I never asked what the movie is."

"You'll see."

"Ohh, come on!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to be taken on a date I've been single for my entire life like wh