20. If this is a Dream, don't wake me

Y/n's pov

"Earth to Y/n. Earth to Y/n," Gabbie giggled. "What planet are you on?"

"What? Oh... Nothing." I bit my lip and looked away.

"Lies," Jack smirked. "Go on, tell us."

It was a few days after we climbed to the Hollywood sign, and Anna and I were over at Jack and Gabbie's place to look after Lavy while they went out on a date.

"I said it was nothing!" I protested, hoping I wasn't blushing.

"Nothing? Oh, come on! What were you thinking of," Anna cried.

The three of them insisted and prodded and pressed and urged, and they even got Lavender to say 'please', although she had no idea what was going on.

"Okay, okay!" I gave in with a sigh. "It's not 'what' it's 'who'."

"Called it!" Gabbie yelled from across the room where she was doing her makeup. "She's in loovee!"

"Oh, shut up," I muttered, "I was thinking about a guy who I may or may not like."

"So," Jack grinned. "You've finally fallen for Eben."

Jack and Gabbie left on their date, and Anna and I played with Lavy, before making dinner, putting her to bed, and then talking until they got home.

The next afternoon, I was editing the footage from the Hollywood sign hike, when I got a text from Eben.

Hey, I have nothing on this afternoon... Can I come and chill at your place? I'll bring you Starbucks :)

Is that a bribe? I'm editing vlog, but you can come keep me company.

Eben arrived about 20 minutes later.

"Here's your bribe," he winked, handing me my drink and making my heart skip a beat. "I'm bribing you to put up with me."

I rolled my eyes and tried to suppress a smile by taking a sip.

"So, what are you editing?"

"I've done the rough cut for the Hollywood sign vlog," I told him, flopping down on the couch and pulling my laptop close enough to use. Eben sat down next to me.

Eben watched me edit, and I made the most of him being there, asking for his opinion on different cuts, sound effects, and music.

"Oh, I like this clip," I said suddenly. It was the video of us working together to get Lavy into the carrier.

I played the whole uncut five or so minutes of struggle and teamwork, ending with us high-fiving, and then me doing a little victory dance as I went to take the camera back from Anna.

I couldn't help notice how much Eben just looked at me with a half-smile on his face...

"You'll make a great mother one day," Eben murmured.

"I- thanks," I flushed, playing with a loose strand of hair. "You'll make a great dad."

I looked straight into his eyes with a sudden burst of confidence, and found them looking straight back with this softness about them that let loose butterflies in my stomach.

"I think we could make great parents," He smiled, reaching out his hand toward my face, and then second guessing and drawing it back.

I was sure my heart sounded like the bass line of a song too far away to hear the melody. I slowly reached and interlaced my fingers with his. A smile crept over his face and he bit his lip. We kept gazing into each other's eyes, and glancing back and forth to each other's lips.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah...?"

"Can I... Can I kiss you?"

I pushed my laptop out of the way and leant toward him. Just like that we were passionately kissing. He pulled me onto his lap and brushed his hands down my back until he was holding my waist. I ran my hands through his hair, pulling his face closer to mine.

Eventually we pulled apart, but only just. Our faces were close, our foreheads touching.

"Eben?" I whispered. "I like you... a lot."

I knew I didn't need to say it out loud, but I wanted to.

"I like you two." He kissed my forehead, and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"If this is a dream, don't wake me up," he murmured, playing with my hair. "I won't recover."

"Same," I giggled, covering his neck in kisses.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't mind me I'm faNGIRLINGGG