25. Someone Fresh, Honeydew

Eben's pov

I watched as she took in the Winter wonderland outside. She turned to look at me. The grin on her face was contagious.

"Can we... build a snowman...?"

"Of course," I chuckled. "I haven't done that in a while..."

I left her to get dressed, and went downstairs to find breakfast. My mum had left a note on the table that said:

"We're all out until lunch. There is pancake mix in the fridge"

By the time Y/n came downstairs, I was cooking pancakes. She helped me set the table, and then we stuffed our faces with pancakes.

"That was good..." She sighed when we were done. "Can we build a snowman now?"

I grabbed her hand and led her outside into the snow.

She took it all in in awe. There was something about the excited smile on her face, the wide eyes, and the pink cheeks that made me fall more in love with her.

"I've never done this before," She was saying, "Where do we start?"

"Well," I grinned, "First we do this..."

I pulled her into a kiss. She ran her hands up my back and into my hair, pulling me closer.

"I don't think this is how you build a snowman..." She murmured, our foreheads resting together.

"You said you have no idea how to go about it, so I'm teaching you!"

We worked together to build the snowman, rolling big snowballs, and piling them on top of each other until we had a stack of three.

"I'm going to find a hat and scarf... And a carrot, of course," I called, going inside.

As I came back out, a soft wet thing hit me in the face. A snowball.

"That wasn't meant to hit you in the face," Y/n gasped, her eyes widening, and her hand over her mouth.

"Oh, so you want to start a war? Come here!" I dropped everything I was carrying on the ground and charged at her.

Y/n let off something between a squeal and a giggle, and took off across the garden as best she could with all the snow. Suddenly she tripped and fell flat on her face.

I couldn't help but laugh.

She rolled over onto her back and began throwing snow at me.

I made my way to her, dodging most snowballs as I went, and put out my hand to help her up. She took it, and pulled me down into the snow.

"Who's laughing now?" She whispered, giggling adorably.

We eventually got up and finished the snowman. Stephanie got home in time to take countless photos of us posing with it, ranging from serious, to romantic, to silly, to plain stupid. It was a lot of fun.

My single had dropped, and it was really cool to watch my fans' reaction and how much they support me. That evening, we watched a Christmas movie and went to bed, excited for Christmas the next day.

That Christmas day is one I'll remember forever. It was a day full of laughter, sporadic singing and dancing (to a varying level of professionality...), joy, love and just every other good thing you could dream up.

We opened presents in the morning. My mum and dad had found matching pajamas and slippers for Y/n and I, along with an array of small and useful items, each carefully thought through. Asa got me a new switch game so that we could play online, mum and dad vouchers to a number of restaurants and other places to go on dates, and he had gotten Y/n a book trilogy she had mentioned she was interested in reading once.

Y/n had taken the time to personalise us all a notebook, found some really funky socks, and gotten us all tickets to see Revolution.

I had gotten Asa two more switch controllers so that he could play with his friends, and another game. For my parents, I found some more expensive gadgets that they had decided to make do without.

But my favourite present I gave was for Y/n. I had found every single photo we'd taken together since we'd known each other and compiled them into a printed photo album.

Her eyes filled with tears as flicked through it, unable to stop smiling at all the memories.

On the last page, I had written paragraphs about how much she meant to me.

... Y/n, a year ago I never dreamed I could find someone like you. I remember when I wrote those words to Sad Song "Someone fresh, honeydew, double check that it ain't you", well, I just took a double check, and it IS you. Y/n, you're my Honeydew. I'm going to call you that now :) I love you, Honeydew, and I'll love you forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHA! And now you know why the story is called so :)

I hope you enjoyed reading this little fan-fic and I'll hopefully see you with my next storyy :)))