Prologue

His eyes intensified looked at the woman in front of him. Her head was hanging low. He gripped his hand to his side, preventing himself from touching her face

"Did you really want to go?"

He knew he was asking in vain. But still, he hoped it would stop her from leaving.

She nodded.

"Both of us know that, in the end I will have to go." She firmly gave an answer even though her voice sounded weak.

"And both of us know." His feet took a few steps forward. "That we love each other."

His hands slowly reached for her fingertips. She just let him intertwined their fingers. His thumb gently rubbed her hand, sending shivers down her spine.

"Am I wrong?" His husky voice slowly reached her ears.

She was still silent. No matter what answer she gave, she could not change this situation.

"It's not as simple as you think, Taehyung."

His hand slipped from her hand and went up to hold her face, pushing her head up. Their eyes met. A pair of glassy round eyes bored into him eagerly as if she pleaded to stop all of this.

At that moment he realized that staring into those gloomy eyes makes this whole situation become worse. It made him feel the urge to let her go, even though it was difficult to do so.

"I really love you, Sohyun." He pleaded. "If only I had told you that earlier, maybe now I will have you by my side."

Tears pooling at the corners of her eyelids began to pour down her cheeks. He gently caressed her tears away.

Slowly he released his hand from her cheek. His feet stepped back, giving a wide distance between them. His eyes were still staring at her.

In the end, this was the only option he had. Without waiting any longer, she stepped away. Leaving him standing stiffly in the room.