iv; confession

Playing right now :
» [when love comes by - Kassy] «
0:00 ────── 0:00
   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹  

Little things remind me of you
But I can't let you go yet

"Hyung, do you know her?"

"Who?" Taehyung asked while packing his guitar.

"Sohyun"

"Which Sohyun?"

"Kim Sohyun, she is my batchmate. From class 3-B ", replied Changmin.

"Oh, Kim Sohyun. Yes, I know her. Why?" now Taehyung is asking back.

"Do you like her?"

Taehyung chuckled, "What are you talking about? Why are you asking this ridiculous question? Why would I like her?"

He then looked at Changmin. Seeing Changmin's serious face, Taehyung's forehead became a little furrowed.

"No, I didn't," Taehyung replied briefly and walked out of the room. "Why did you ask this?" Taehyung asked before stopping at the door, waiting for his answer.

Changmin just shook his head. "Nothing. I don't know, I don't even know why I asked this question,"replied Changmin while scratching his head which was not itchy at all.

Although Changmin's answer still made Taehyung curious, he was simply ignored the question and continued his steps.

"Hyung"

Taehyung stopped his steps again and turned to look at Changmin who was still standing in the room.

"Do you know that she is always looking at you from the window of the art room every time during lunch break?"

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

It's a fine and quiet afternoon. She examined the painting in front of her carefully. She focused on seeing the results of the paintings that Changmin and her had made during those five days.

Perfect!

"What do you think?" Sohyun asked Changmin who was sitting next to her.

Changmin nodded slightly. "I think this is perfect," he replied briefly and turned to Sohyun who smiled contentedly.

Eventually, they were able to complete the drawing earlier than expected. She heaved sigh of relief and stood up stretching her body before patted Changmin on the shoulder causing him to blush without her realizing it.

"Good job, Changmin-ssi. Thank you for the great teamwork," she praised while taking off the apron on her body. Changmin deftly helped her to pull the apron strap tied around her waist.

"Oh, thank you," Sohyun folded the apron then headed to the closet where the apron was stored.

"Sohyun-ssi, thank you for helping me to complete this project with me," he thanked her while stared at her who was now walking towards the window. She smiled at him.

"Thanks to you too," she replied before turned her gaze towards the window. After took off his apron and covered the painting canvas with a white cloth, he headed to her side. He glanced at Sohyun who was gazing around the garden.

"Actually there's something that I need to tell you" Changmin began to speak without looking at Sohyun.

"Yes, what it is about?"

"Actually, I, I—," he stuttered. "I like you. I adore you soo much."

Sohyun turned to look at him who was avoiding her eyes.

"I do not know if you are aware of this but I always sit next to you so that I can be close to you. I always try to be close to you whenever there is a chance. But I did not dare to express my true feelings."

Sohyun was frozen upon hearing his confession. She knew what his intentions were.

Slowly, she replied, "I appreciate your feelings but I'm sorry, I can not return your feeling in the same way."

He finally glanced up at her. Their gazes met. His chest felt heavy. He knew he would be rejected today. He even prepared himself to hear the rejection since yesterday. But the pain he is feeling now is worse than he would have imagined.

"Ouh, I understand. Thanks, Sohyun-ssi," he replied briefly and then moved to pick up his drawing equipment on the table. Sohyun did not know what else to say. She only saw Changmin leaving the room.

"I'll go back first," said Changmin before stepping out from the room.

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

Five days have passed. Changmin no longer sits next to her during art classes. They still greet each other, but seldom. Sohyun feels a little awkward every time she realized that Changmin actually avoiding her.

After finishing the art class that day, only Sohyun left in the room. She looked out the window, again. She was watching the students in the park one by one, until her eyes met someone who was also staring at her now. Despite the distance between them, she could feel the man's gaze piercing her eyes.

He was not alone that day. There were two of his friends who also sat with him. The guitar was on his lap, but his eyes looked towards her. Their gaze dissipated when a voice startled her from behind.

"What are you doing? We are waiting for you for almost 10 minutes now," Yeri and Rhujin stepped to her side. Yeri directed her gaze towards the window, trying to see what Sohyun was watching earlier.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I had something to discuss with the teacher," replied Sohyun.

"So, it is true," Rhujin's words caused Sohyun's forehead to frown.

"What is true?"

"The rumor. The rumor is true, huh?"