iii; the practice

Playing right now :
» [fly - Gaho] «
0:00 ────── 0:00
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

In this world created so that
everything is meant to be passed

She stared out the window. Her eyes were deep in thought outside the small sliding window, not sure how long she has been standing there since she completed her painting earlier. She was absentminded as soon as she breathed in some fresh air by the window, relieving all the tiredness from her body, also her mind.

Par for the course, her gaze would catch the figure of him under the tree. Usually he would play the guitar or read a book, but now he's just laying down while covering his face with his school coat, probably taking a nap.

"Kim Sohyun-ssi," greeted someone behind her, causing her to look at her back. A dark brown-haired guy stood behind her with a piece of paper in his hand.

"This is the assignment that we need to complete before next week. The due date is next Friday, before 5 pm, "said the guy before handing the paper to Sohyun.

Her eyebrows rose. She almost forgot about the work their art teacher gave them this afternoon. As usual, the task had to be done in pairs, and she was definitely will be paired with him, the guy who always sat next to her. After many times grouping with him for each assigned task, she was already comfortable to work with him, even though they were still strangers to each other.

"Thank you, Changmin-ssi," she replied while welcoming the handout from him. Their skins graced for a second. The brief touch turned out to cause a grin on his face, but he quickly brushed it away before she could notice it.

"I think we can start tomorrow, if you do not mind," said Sohyun.

He shook his head. "I am free tomorrow. How about 2 pm, is that okay with you? Here?"

"Okay, tomorrow at 2 pm here," replied Sohyun with a smile, and once again he was stunned. Unlike the first time, his actions were noticed by her this time.

Realizing that Changmin was still staring at her, Sohyun's smile faded before she called his name.

"Changmin-ssi?"

He awoke from his reverie. He grinned as he scratched the back of his non-itchy neck before he asked himself to leave the room. Sohyun just shrugged and packed her drawing equipment before leaving the room.

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

"Okay guys, our practice end for today. Remember, take care of your health. Avoid activities that will cause injury to yourself. Our performance date is close, I do not want to hear any withdrawal at the last minute before the performance due to injuries or illness. Of course this is not a competition, but this performance can convince outsiders and other schools about the greatness of our school band. Okay, you can go back now."

The students began to disperse after Coach Yee dismissed them. Taehyung was about to leave as Jackson hugged his shoulder.

"Hey, are you free tonight? Let's hang out, at my mom's restaurant. My mom wants to cook some meats tonight and asked me to invite you and the others too. My father just returned from China last night, and he bought a dozen packages of meat from there."