xi; the lunch

Playing right now :
» [singer songwriter - Crucial Star] «
0:00 ────── 0:00
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

So even at dawn I am here
However, where did the young boy go
who had fun making music?

He came early to the music room that day. He was the first one to arrive. Less than 10 minutes had passed since he arrived, he could hear heavy footsteps approaching from outside. The door opened.

"Did you really date with her?" that was the first word that came out of that person's mouth. He looked at Taehyung intensely.

Changmin came in with rapid breathing. He was shocked when he heard about the news. As a result, he dashed off here as soon as his friend told him about it to ensure the legitimacy of the story.

Taehyung nodded as the answer to his question without looking at him.

"Why? You said you didn't like her."

"It has changed," replied Taehyung briefly.

Changmin was not the only one to ask about it. Jimin was also surprised when he found out Taehyung was dating Sohyun secretly behind him all this time. Although he already suspected that Taehyung was hiding something from him, he was still shocked when Taehyung told him.

Moreover, his classmates also teased him when he entered the class this morning after they noticed that Taehyung and Sohyun were walking together to school this morning.

"I like her, hyung."

Taehyung froze.

"And you know about that, didn't you?"

Taehyung shook his head, "No, I didn't know."

He turned to looked at Changmin. He noticed his sorrowful eyes.

"Well, now you know," he stated.

"Changmin-ah. I'm sorry," his eyes bored into Changmin's eyes.

"But I will never turn back from what is mine."

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

The bell rang off 5 minutes ago. The cafeteria is filled with various students that are sitting to enjoy their lunch, while there are still many who are still queuing up to buy food, one of them is Taehyung.

It's been a long time since Taehyung went to the school cafeteria during recess as he usually spends his time in the park. As soon as he finished buying food, he stood by the side. In his hand was a tray containing two packs of sandwiches and a box of banana milk.

His eyes darted to find someone, until he saw the person he was looking for was waving at him. He stepped towards their table. With some hesitation, he sat next to Sohyun who was smiling at him while there were two girls sat in front of them that he assumed are her friends.

"I'm sorry, but they both insisted on join me," Sohyun whispered to Taehyung before turning to Yeri and Rhujin and introduced them both to Taehyung.

"This is my friends, Yeri and Rhujin."

"So since when did you two start dating?" Yeri asked suddenly with a smile, causing Sohyun's pupils were dilated.

She knew this is exactly what was going to happen if two of them joined them for lunch, that's why she has created so many reasons to reject them both for lunch together. They even promised to never ask anything to Taehyung before Sohyun gave up and gave them a green light to join her.

Taehyung glanced at Sohyun. He did not know what to answer.

"Yeri-ah, I told you that I will tell you everything later," replied Sohyun through her gritted teeth.

"Is it wrong for us to know now? You two are already in front of us now, isn't it better if we ask now?" added Rhujin.

"No, we will not answer that."

"Why?" appealed Yeri again with her faked smile.

"Because we don't want to."

Taehyung was silently watching in between the three of them. He did not know what to do.

"Alright then. If you didn't tell us later, " Yeri stabbed the bun on her plate with the fork.

"I swear to God I will slap you in the teeth."

Taehyung chuckled, causing the three women to look at him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized before he fell silent again and slowly opened his sandwich package.

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

They walked side by side, while Yeri and Rhujin were already walking ahead of them.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier," professed Sohyun causing Taehyung to look at her.

"No, you don't have to. It's fine."

"We are always like this. There are always things that we will argue about every day."

She glanced at him with a smile.

"But don't worry. If you know them better, you will know that they both are very kind and gentle. "

They both stopped walking as soon as they reached infront of the stairs.

"I'm enjoying lunch with you."

Sohyun laughed.

"Of course you are. Don't worry, I will make sure the next lunch is just the two of us, " she replied as if teasing him.

She was certained that he was not comfortable with the incident earlier when he saw him was just chewing his sandwich silently. He didn't even said any single words.

"Ah no. I really enjoying it. It's okay if your friends join us next time."

Next time? There will be next time, isn't it?

"Okay. Alright then, " she replied then checked on Yeri and Rhujin who had already climbed the stairs.

"I leave first. I'll meet you after school."

His eyes were following Sohyun's petite figure that was running up the stairs until she disappeared from his sight.

Then he walked off. His hand was tucked into his pants pocket.

Meet you after school.

Her voice lingered in his head.

♬ ♬ ♬ ♬

Author's note:
Hi guys. First of all, i want to say thank you and i love you a lot to all of my readers. So, here is the update for you guys.

Actually i have completed all the plot for this story. I even have planned the ending for this story in my mind. But when i read some draft that i already wrote, i think i need to change some of it as i think it was a bit rushed. That's why i updated it a bit late. If you find this storyline is a bit rushing, please inform me so that i can change it.

Do vote and comment. I appreciated it a lot.

Lot of love 💋Park Bee