xii; let's not fall in love

Playing right now :
» [do you love me - Taeyeon] «
0:00 ────── 0:00
◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

By chance, do you think of me?
Again, it's only lingering in my mouth

Two weeks passed. Examination weeks ended yesterday. Today remarked the first day Sohyun can feel the sense of freedom from the burden she felt during the previous hectic weeks.

She looked at the swaying leaves blown by the chilly wind on the tree beside her. This is the first time she sat here. All this time she could only see from the window of the art room.

"So this is how it feels," she murmured then glanced at Taehyung who was taking out his wooden guitar from the black bag. A red keychain that hanging on the bag's zip caught his attention.

She smiled. A MU's fan.

"Can I lie down?"

"Yes, why not," he replied without looking at her while tightening his loose guitar strings.

Sohyun opened her coat to cover her short skirt and using her hand as her pillow.

"Should we bring a small pillow next time?"

Sohyun looked up when she heard Taehyung's question.

"Can we?"

Taehyung nodded, "Why not."

"Then, I'll bring one tomorrow," Sohyun smiled joyously.

"Is it okay for you if I play this?" he asked, referring to the guitar that was on his lap.

"Yes, do whatever you want."

Taehyung started plucking the guitar. A light tone came out from it.

"What are you actually? Are you a singer? A trainee?"

He shook his head. "No. I'm a part-time songwriter and assistant producer. "

"Which company are you working for?" she turned to her left and propped her head using her left arm.

"I work for a person. I don't work at any specific company. "

The situation became quiet, as if the people around them were now vanishing. Only the mellow and soft melody from the guitar could be heard along with the rustling leaves above her.

As the wind caressed her face, it was then her eyes were glued to the heavenly face of the man next to her. Her eyes traveled freely over every inch of his face when his eyes were still focused on his notes and guitar.

His thick black eyebrows are perfectly formed without the need to draw using a make-up pencil. Beneath it is a pair of steely mono-lid eyes with uncurl yet quite long lashes. The deflected sunlight in his eyes emits his dark brown irises.

Then his arched nose in the center of his face, which is rare to Korean standards, caused her to think that maybe this man had mixed blood. His natural red lips added to the look on his face. His strong clean-shaved jawline reminded her of one of the European princes clay sculptures in the art room. In fact she could not see any single pimple on his flawless skin. Somehow he was able to take good care of his skin. He really has a handsome face.

"Why do you agree with this plan?" the question slipped of her mouth out of curiosity.

Taehyung was still playing the guitar when he answered.

"For this," he pointed towards the open notebook in front of him. "I want to try something new. This is a a new thing to me."

"New experience? You mean you never dated before? " Sohyun's eyebrows rose up to hear his answer.

Taehyung nodded.

"Same as me."

Taehyung turned to Sohyun who was smiling. At that time, she noticed his left eye has a double eyelid.

"Really? I thought you had dated before. "

He aware that she has a lot of fans, it is impossible if she is still single until now.

"You should date someone for real if you want to experience this new thing. You will never gain anything if you didn't have a real experience."

"I don't think so. I don't have time to go on a real date. "

Sohyun smirked. But he has time to go on a fake date.

"Until when do we have to be like this? Pretending like this? " she asked again. Now she is lying on her back and looking at the cloudless sky above her

"I am not sure. Until whenever you want. I don't mind. It's your plan in the first place."

"What if one of us suddenly falls in love? What if I fell in love with you?" she asked another question.

"Why? Did you already fall in love with me? " her previous question is answered with another question.

She chuckled. Just as she was about to tease him, she did not expect he would return the shots double to her.

"Oh God! Of course not."

"I think it's better if we don't fall in love with each other," he paused. "I'm sorry to say this, but, I think it is impossible for me to reciprocate your feelings if you fall in love with me. And I'm really sure you would be the same otherwise. So it's better if we don't fall in love with each other. "

"Are you attracted to guy?" The question caused his eyes went round.

Noticed Taehyung's reaction as she asked the question, she snickered.

"So you are not attracted to guy, or girl."

The corner of his mouth quirked up. She teased me again, he thought.

"I agree with you. Let's not fall in love with each other," she stretched out her fist towards in front of him.

The fact that Sohyun is willing to do all these things with Taehyung is because she is convinced, he is not the same as the men who have been close to her. She is very confident they can be good friends without any feelings of love being a barrier between them.

He smirked then bumped his fist with her.

Author's note :
Hi guys. I hope you like this new chapter.

Actually i really curious if you guys listened to the song that I recommended at each chapter while reading it. I recommended the song that i think suitable for the chapters' vibe that i wrote. It's okay if you don't listen to it as it's just some additional feature incase you guys need some emotional support when reading it.

By the way, who do you think will fall in love first? We all know they both will fall in love at each other in the end, but i really want to know who you think might be the first one to fall first. Let me now in the comment heheh. I really curious about your response.

Do vote and comment. I really appreciated it.

Lots of love 💋ParkBee