xvi ; the library

Playing right now :
» [take me on - SALTNPAPER] «
0:00 ────── 0:00

When the light of yours shines down so beautiful
I laugh, I sing, with you
Oh it's like when stars fall around you

She stared blankly at the book in front of her. She has re-read the same paragraph for the third times, but the lines was just past her eyes without being able to absorb into her mind. The presence of two ants walking beside her hand shifted her focus from the book.

It took her a while staring at the ants before she awoke from her reverie. Realizing that she had to peruse the same verse for the fourth time, she took a deep breath and gazed out the window.

Her head tilted up as she leaned back in her chair, letting a secretion of light watering her face. She closed her eyes, trying to get rid of the shadows of historical facts from her over 2 hours of reading that are still scarred in her view. She almost fell asleep when she heard the sound of the table being slammed loudly by the person next to her. The glare of the sunlight piercing her eyes, causing it to squint.

As she turned her head forward, she caught the sight of someone that she knew. He was standing in front of the door while carrying a black backpack, before disappeared between the bookshelves without realizing the her presence there.

Sohyun packed her book hurriedly and left her seat. She rushed to the bookshelf to chase him, but she did not see anyone there once she was standing between the tall shelves. She stepped forward until the end of the shelf, she noticed the man that she had been looking for was now sitting at a single table attached to the wall.

Seeing Taehyung was reading something in front of him, she tip-toed towards him until she was standing behind him. She brought her head closer to his shoulder to peek at the things in front of him.

"What are you doing?" She whispered beside his ear, causing him to turn to the side.

His eyes popping out when he realized the close distance between their faces. His lips will touched her cheeks if he moved a bit further.

"What the heck! You scared me!" He squeaked, which was answered with a smile by her.

"Since when have you been standing behind me?" he asked her who now stepped back to create a distance between them, thus relieving his pounding chest.

She took the empty chair from the table at her right side then sit beside him, "Not too long."

Her eyes were still peering at his notebook, "Are you working on the new song?"

Taehyung nodded without looking at her. His eyes was now focusing on his notebook, again.

"Is it the same with the one that you wrote the previous week?"

He nodded again.

"Woah! You haven't finished it yet! How many days have passed."

"What are you doing here?" now his gaze shifted to her.

She looked at his glowering eyes staring at hers lazily, and she could guess that he got disturbed by her non-stop questions.