Chapter 3.

Two weeks have gone by. And like before, Mr Stefano hardly made an appearance at the club. The girls all got back in routine and I was back to serving the rich and famous, as they drank their money away. The only difference since the owner of the club was here, is the random men in black, that would walk up and down, between certain hours of the night.

"So, clubs closing early." Meg began.

I already knew what she wanted from me. It has become a traditional thing between the two of us. Whenever the club got closed early, Meg would try and convince me to do something wild and outrageous with her.

"No." I snapped playfully. "The last time, I agreed. I got this tattoo and a cartilage piercing." I said showing her the dying flower, with it's petals at its roots and the gold stud, I had in my right ear.

Laughing, Meg looked up at me. Her cheeks red, as she tried to calm down.

"In my defence, I tried to stop you. But you slapped me and called me a pussy." She pointed out.

"Yada yadda ya." I mumbled. "You should have tried harder. Now I look like I'm starting my process to becoming a gangster." I joked.

Meg smiled shaking her head. "Then what would you like." She asked, her hands on her hips.

"I don't know. Maybe go to a fancy restaurant or just lounge around and watch a good movie." I answered, with a content smile on my face. "Anything that would actually have meaning to it."

Meg flipped her pink hair, tapping her chin with her index finger. A dreamy, far away look on her face, as she nodded slowly at me. She leaned back against the bar counter, her long hair getting caught between her back and the counter.

"It does sound nice." She paused. "But also so everyday."

Shrugging, I grabbed my bag. "I like normal, it's easy and somewhat predictable."

Meg grabbed her bags, as we both walked out of the club doors. Screaming a rather unladylike "Bye Timmy." as the hot afternoon wind blew past us. The sun was slowly setting, creating the sky to look surreal and photo shopped. The different hues of red, orange and yellow gave a sense of warmth and the white fluffy clouds, gave it depth.

It truly was amazing to see how the sky changed at certain times of the day.

"You know sooner or later you going to lose control." Meg mumbled almost silently.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I merely nodded, knowing her words were truthful.

"But for now, I like my predictable life." I smiled to brightly.

Crossing the busy street, Meg got into her car, as I got into mine. The old Honda civic, some how still held itself together. My car was second hand but she was still going strong. I had bought it off a old couple who were moving back to their home town, after their son-whose car it was, had left for college and wanted to make his way on his own. I had gotten a good price and a full tank, which had made my day.

"See you Monday love." Meg said, blowing me a kiss, as she got into her car.

"Be safe." I pointed my finger at her, knowing she was probably going to risk her life this weekend.

She shrugged, as her car started up. "Can't make any promises." And off she went.

With a small shake of my head, I got into my own car. The old leather seats, a little hot from being parked in the sun. With a silent wish to start up, I began to make my way back home.

Loving the view I got whenever I drove back home.

Living in one of the apartment complex's between downtown and the city centre, gave the sense of safety but it still wasn't considered to be part of the Upper class Collinwood.

The city of CastleBay, had three main locations. The upper class of Collinwood; Jamestown-part of the place I stay in, and downtown bay. The place where most addicts went when they were kicked out of their homes. Although it seemed like the city was divided, the only place that made it that way, was Collinwood. Jamestown and down town bay, both rarely trashed the other.

The way the scenery would change as I drive through Collinwood. The massive mansions and expensive cars that stood in front of them. How I knew there were house wives and house husbands. How there were people who didn't need to work for anything, because they had money to lay on.

But I also knew how they rarely interact with each other. Every neighbour kept to themselves. The only time people from Collinwood were seen talking, were if they were bragging about something they bought.

The silence that came with Collinwood began to disappear, as the homes started to look normal and the sound of children running around began to fill the air.

Jamestown wasn't the nicest of the three main places in CastleBay, but the good out way the bad.

Collinwood was safer and more secure, but it lacked the basic human quality. It lacked the constant happiness that came with people who didn't care how much money you made, as long as you paid your bills and looked out for the children, like your own.

It was almost like an unspoken rule.

When I finally pulled up in front of my apartment. I let out a tired sigh.

The club closed early and my body was exhausted but I knew there was no way I was going to sleep. Usually I worked till like 4 in the morning, now here I was home by 6 pm.

Shutting my car off, I got out. Locking my doors and heading into the apartment building. Trevor, the security guard who sat with his own little desk in front, smiled as he saw me walk in.

"Is it 4 already?" he asked jokingly, as he looked down at his watch.

Rolling my eyes, a small smile found it way on my lips. "Club closed early." I paused, as I stepped into the elevator. "Hey Trev, I'm probably going to be ordering some food, can you send it up?"

He turned in his seat, the grey hair above his head giving away his old age, even thought his face still looked young and his body looked strong. Trevor has been the security guard since before I moved in. He always wore a smile and made some of the driest jokes ever, but his kind heart and easy going demeanour was something everyone in the building found a liking to.

"Sure kid, also Ms Brown you got some mail." He pointed to the letter box, with my name on it.

I merely nodded, shrugging as the doors began to close. "I'll get it tomorrow morning."