Chapter 18.

Austin’s Pov.

Non of this was supposed to happen. It should have been so simple. So easy. But life for me was hardly ever easy. And now it's seems I have dragged my love into it...

When I came CastleBay, I had told myself I would only stay to make sure Luna was okay, that she was happy. But my protective instincts kicked in, when I saw her with those guys. I think she called him Ricky? Who gives a f– I was just supposed to pay off my debt and bounce. But Luna, God Luna. I didn't think I'd still love her the way that I use to, the way we were back when. She grew and she looked happy. I wasn't sure if I'm mad at myself, at the failure of a life I've lived even when she told me to change, when she begged me. Or if it fucked with my head that she moved on. I didn't like him. Not the way she looked at him or the way she smiled when she thought of him. I didn't trust him when I had no clue who he was. Somehow it killed a part of me inside. Maybe I was being selfish. Hell, her life was going good before I called her to pick me up and even then, I just wanted to hear her voice.

The way things were left before...

Fuck!

She deserved a much better friend than me. All I did was hide things from her and hurt her. Then and now. It seems like history, our history is repeating itself. Only this time I can't bring myself to let years pass by before I make it right.

I want to tell her.

Tell her everything. From the past, from recent events. The people I owe money. The sorry excuses of reasons why I was the way I was back then.

But it wouldn't change a thing.

I can see it on her face.

She loved him.

Why did she love him?

Luna hated the person I was, the person I am. The things I'm involved in, and yet she loves him? Enzo Stefano?! A man much, much worst than me. Why?

Why!

My heart beat like crazy, as I followed after her. It was late, she should have been on her way home. But she ignored my calls, my text. And a part of me understood why. It was the same part of me that decided to track her phone, just to make sure she was safe. But when I saw the hospital...thoughts of loosing Luna, loosing my friend. It made all my reasoning seem like childish nonsense.

And then I saw it.

She wasn't hurt, not physically. But her face looked swollen with tears, as she rushed into a hospital room, a woman behind her. It was probably for him. Who else could it be for? She had no family here, no one she would ugly cry like that. And then I saw Roseanne leave the room and for a moment I felt a tiny bit of hope, but as I neared the hospital room window, my heart dropped. There she was holding onto his hand, as if she was ready to fight death for him.

"Austin? Right?" My head turned to the voice, I had not realized Roseanne stood besides me, brushing the loose strands of her hair away from her face with a sheepish look. "Yeah. Um, what...?" I didn't know what I wanted to ask.

Roseanne sighed, a soft smile forming on her face and yet I could see the sadness. "Nothing serious, nothing Enzo didn't already go through."

"Ok." I felt stupid. Why could I not form words? Why did the sight before me render me speechless. It's been years, I shouldn't feel anything.

"Look, we should probably give then some space." Roseanne gave another sigh. Her shoulders seemed heavy with guilt. Silence fell between us and yet no one moved. We both simply watched as they looked at each other.

If the friends I had when we still lived in that horrible run down neighborhood could see me now, hurt and heart broken by the sight in front of me, they'd laugh. Call me a bitch.

"It wasn't my place to tell her, but I know you worked for Enzo. Not directly for him, but under one of his many..." She paused to thing of a word, before shrugging. "...businesses. So you probably know of the deal that was made."

"Deal?" I questioned finally pulling my eyes from the scene before me and glancing at Roseanne.

She nodded. "Don't play dumb. Once she knows she going to ask you. Enzo not going to keep anything from her anymore."

"So his going to tell her how disgusting of a monster he is? The killings? The drugs? To name a few?"

Roseanne looked at me, seeming to stare into my soul before she grinned. It was small, almost as if she couldn't believe the words that left my lips. "She knews. She knew around the time she first started working for him. Luna knew that her boss was a bad guy, a monster. But that was before she met him."

"Are you sure?" She nodded her head, as I glanced quickly back before turning my full attention to Roseanne. We slowly began walking away from the window, no destination in mind. "Why are rooting for them? Don't you like her?"

Roseanne smiled. I could see she did. She liked Luna. "I do. And if she wants, she can have us both. Austin you might not know this, but Enzo would do anything for her. Even share her with me, if she so chooses."

My jaw clenched.

"But, I doubt she would want any of use after what he tells her." She paused, pulling a cigarette from her purse. "Wasn't much into this." She motioned to the cigarette, before lighting it. "But being Luna deprived can do that to someone." She chuckled at herself, but I stayed still. I couldn't find the humor in anything right now.

With a puff she sighed again. "Look, if what I know if the truth. You should probably pack you things and apologize. I doubt she'd want any of us in her life after this."

"After what!" I screamed, frustration getting the better of me. "You speaking as if I know something. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't even fucking know I owed Enzo Stefano money. Just tell me."

Roseanne glared at me. "You really don't know?" I said nothing and waited for her to continue. "You had no part in selli—"

Before Roseanne could finish. I heard her voice. Broken and without life, as she called me.

"Austin."