Chapter 13.

Austin sat in my car, behind the drivers seat, as I stood in the doorway of the apartment complex. Hesitation clear on my face, as I thought about this.

The night was cold and the sun had long set. I had called in sick at work, as I walked out to the car. Getting in on the passenger side.

The radio played softly in the background on a random radio station. As I closed the door behind me. Austin almost immediately pulled away from my apartment building.

Most cars weren’t on the road out of the city, so we hardly had any traffic infront or behind us. Only the silence, that was broken by a country song, that played rather softly.

The closer we got to the end of the city, the more my stomach began to do flips. Not the good kind.

“I don’t like this.” I said, as I looked out of the window.

The skyscrapers were soon replaced with massive woods and tall trees. The street lights, the only source of life.

Austin said nothing, as we turned on a road. The sign to the side reading: Kring Harbour up ahead. With the white arrow pointing in that direction.

I rolled my window door, the smell of the air changing from that thick musty city air to fresh, salty air. The wind pick up, the closer we got to the harbour.

“Isn’t this the abandoned harbour.” I paused, looking around. “Or rather the ships grave?”

Austin glanced at me, sighing as he slowed down. “It is. Look Luna, just stay in the car and wait for me to come back okay?”

I hesitated, but nodded, as he got out and pulled a black bag out with him. I had no idea why we were here, truly. Other than Austin was to pay off a debt or extension for a debt, I wasn’t too sure. But I didn’t like the feeling I got, as he walked away from the car into the darker part of the harbour, where the light barely reached.

Unbuckling my seat belt, I climbed over to the drivers seat. My mind overthinking ever little noise I heard. But one thing was sure.

If something happens, all Austin has to do in jump in. I’ll speed us out of here.

I sat still, in silence. As my eyes darted around. All the window were rolled up and the doors locked. The car idled, but the lights I turned off.

“Austin, where the fuck are you?” I whispered to myself, as I began to panic.

It felt like an hour of complete silence and no sign of Austin. I took my phone out, dialling the emergency number, but not pressing call, for just incase.

When I saw a shadowed figure walk towards the car, my foot went on the pedal and my hand went on the shift. Ready to reverse myself away. The closer the figure got, the more my heart began to beat like crazy.

I was scared.

My eyes followed the shadowed figure, until it got close enough for me to see clearly. I felt like the biggest weight was taken from my shoulders, as I recognized Austin’s beat up face.

He got in the car, no bag, with a relief look on his face. “We can go.”

I stared at the side of his face for a while. Not sure what I was looking for. But I simply nodded and drove us as fast as possible away from the abandoned harbour. My eyes moving out of instinct to the rear view mirror. I was expecting to see nothing, instead I saw another figure standing, looking at the car.

My heart dropped, as I added more gas to our already fast speed.

“What happened back there?” I asked, turning back onto the road that lead into the city. “Who was that?”

Austin hesitated. “No one your need to worry about.”

I took a sharp turn on an empty road, causing Austin to hit his head on the side window. Before I drove back onto the right road.

“Fuck Luna, that hurt!” he whined like a baby.

I shrugged. “I’m tired Austin.” I paused, stopping at a red light. “You don’t get to just come back and not tell me shit.”

He stayed silent. “Can we not do this while you driving?”

It came out like a question, but I knew Austin to well to know it wasn’t one. He wasn’t going to speak, so I stayed silent and rushed us home. I wasn’t about to just let this slide. Not after all the work I did to get myself a fresh start.

“Fine.”

The closer we got to my apartment the more I felt myself start to get angry. I was to tired to fight, but I wasn’t tired enough not to care.

When we finally pulled up to my apartment, Austin was the first to get out. Completely ignoring me, as he entered my apartment. I parked my car, safely, before I walked with a tired sigh into my apartment building.

“Evening Ms Brown.” Came Trevor's voice, as he smiled at me. His security guard uniform looked clean and new.

“Evening.” I smiled back, tiredly.

He only nodded at me, as if sensing that I wasn’t in the mood to talk. I entered the elevator, pressing my floor, before leaning against the back and closing my eyes.

“Why now?” I asked myself. “Everything was finally getting on track.”

When the elevator doors opened. I walked out. Pushing open my front door, only to find Austin laying on the couch on his stomach.

I walked closer to him, slapping his thigh as hard as I could. “Talk. I want to know everything!”

“Luna, no!” he snapped as he sat up. “You don’t need to know anything. I’ll be gone before anything can happen.”

“Happen?” I asked confused. “What’s going to happen?”

Austin stayed silent, as he rubbed his forehead. “Nothing.”

I paused, watching him. He still looked like the same person I left behind. Nothing has changed, besides for his hair that was longer and he had a beard growing. But he was still the same teenage boy, I messed around with.

“No, you not going to come back into my life, and do shit and then expect to walk out!” I snapped feeling emotional. “You don’t get to do this shit. I was fine before you jumped back into my life, and now you want to use me until you can leave again. Fuck that! You going to tell me what’s going on or at least why you really here!”

Austin's eyes widened a little before he looked down. “I can’t.”

My hand twitched, as I tried to think clearly, but it wasn’t working. I was now boiling mad.

“Then FUCK YOU!”

I turned on my heels and went to my room, slamming my door shut as I threw myself onto my bed. Frustration filling me to the brim.

I'm using 'fuck you' to much.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Happy reading my cupcakes 🧁