Chapter 14.

A loud knock on my door brought me from my thoughts, as my head snapped in the direction of the sound. Confused, I stood up. Nothing but my underwear under my silk gown.

Peaking through the peephole. Confusion filled me even more, as my eyes made contact with the familiar beauty. Opening the door, she stood with a blue mermaid styled jazz dress. The deep v-line, showing the inner sides of her boobs. The dress shaking slightly, as she entered my apartment without my permission, a hanger in her hand with a dress cover over it.

“Luna? Right?” She asked, turning to me as she smiled.

Nodding. “Yeah and um, your….” I paused not remembering her name.

“Roseanne De Luca.” She smiled, her face lighting up with the simple action. “Thanks for getting me home safe and not stealing my car.”

“You welcome?” I smiled, as it sounded like a question.

She laughed. “So, to repay your kindness I was wondering if you’d like to go with me to a little get together?”

I rubbed my arm, unsure if it was a good idea. “Um, I don’t know. I don’t even know you.”

“Yeah, I guess.” She said, sounding so disappointed. “I’m sorry for entering your personal space.”

Suddenly I felt guilty, as I looked at the disappointed look on her face. She walked slowly to the door, like she was waiting for me to stop her.

“Fine, I guess a little fun wouldn’t be so bad.” I mumbled. “I need a good time, anyway.”

She squealed as she turned to me. “I swear I’m not a murderer or have any bad intentions with you.”

I paused, a nervous smile on me face. “Good to know…”

She nodded, as I motioned for her to take a seat on my couch. Happy that Austin was out for once. Roseanne sat down, placing the bag with the hanger down gently besides her.

“I’ll just get dress.” I said a little awkwardly.

She nodded standing up. “Here, its kind of a themed event.” She handed the bag to me.

Taking it from her perfectly soft hands, I zipped down the bag. A black and white jazz dress filled out. It looked almost like something out of ‘The Great Gatsby.’ My eyes scanned over the dress, suddenly feeling a little girly, as I turned and moved to my room to get dress.

Once I had it over me, it hugged my body. Yet didn’t look like a second skin. It was much shorter than Roseanne's, but just as gorgeous. I pulled out my block, red heels. Slipping my feet into them, before doing little as possible makeup. A simple red lip and liner worked, as I fluffed my hair. Spraying myself with my perfume, before grabbing my phone and placing it into a small clutch, with extra cash for just incase.

When I walked out, Roseanne sat speaking to Austin, as she giggled at something he told her. When I stepped out into the living room, Roseanne’s eyes scanned me up and down, lingering on my exposed legs, causing my cheeks to blush at her action.

“Wow, Luna. You look amazing.” Said Austin, but I was still mad at him.

I merely nodded, and turned to Roseanne. Who seemed to have gotten the look I gave her.

“It was nice meeting you, Austin.” She smiled at him, before standing up, and holding her hand out for me. “Shall we leave?”

I placed mine into her hand, as we left. I didn’t spare Austin a glance, even when I felt his eyes on me, as we exited the front door.

Roseanne had a car waiting for us. A black Range Rover to be exact. The drive to the place, seemed so short, as she poured us each a glass of champagne, that sat in the back of the car. Music playing from the radio, as she made me laugh, lowering my guard around her.

When the car stopped, I glanced out of the window. The place looked like it was taken out of New Orleans. It was an old jazz club, with a small river running around it. And a bridge to get to it. You could hear the music playing from outside.

“Umm…” I bit my lip.

I was a awkward person, especially for first impressions, and I lacked any sort of people skills.

She placed her hand on my shoulder, a soft smile on her face. “Relax, everyone inside is here for a good time. So let’s have fun?”

Nodding, we got out. As she led the way. The closer we got, the louder the music got. For a mere moment it reminded me of Club 60. But as if we were taken back in time. Everyone wore the themed clothing. Some even with jazz hats and feathers in their hair.

Everyone simply danced with anyone. No one spoke, their bodies did all the talking. At the far back seemed to be a stop where people took breaks and a door that lead onto a large patio, where stood men and woman as they smoked cigarettes, cigars and I wasn’t sure what else.

“Lets have fun, yeah?” She smiled, as she took my clutch and gave it to a guy that sat behind a desk, with coats and bags all around him.

I nodded, as she grabbed very large plastic cups, with spiral straws and colourful liquor in it. She handed one to me. A big smile on her face.

“We safe okay. So let loose and just have fun.” She paused as she took a sip of my cup, almost as if proofing her words to me. “You look kind of stiff.”

“Sorry.” I said honestly. “I’m not really the party type.”

She smiled. “We’ll have to change that.”

She counted till three, and then we began to drink. I had only gotten half way in the large cup, before I felt myself laugh, as the buzz began to take effect.

Once we finished it, I was completely drunk. The cup was the size of my whole arm. The music didn’t match the theme. As modern pop played. The song changed now and again. The bass dropping and everyone screaming the lyrics of the song.

I felt myself loosen up completely, as I raised my arms in the air, with a big, bright smile on my face. Drinking and dancing to the music. Roseanne danced close to me, never leaving my line of sight for to long. Being responsible left my mind, as I danced. Feeling like a teenager that snuck out of the house for a fun night again. My mind was blank, no Enzo, no Austin, no past and no future. Just me, and this moment.

My body moved on its own, as I danced with strangers. Drinking like a naughty bride to be and simply having fun.

I pulled Roseanne close to me, so she could hear me over the clapping of everyone to the beat. “Thank you!” I slurred.

She hugged me tight. “Thank you too!”

I giggled, as we got back to simply being free. I never felt so amazing before, it only made me happier than I already was. Somehow, I felt myself being so grateful to Roseanne for this. I even had people circle me, as I danced in the middle. All attention on me, as my body moved to the beat.

This was definitely going to be a night to remember…

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°♡°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey everyone, sorry for the late update. But here's #Chapter 14.

If you liked, please vote, comment and share.

Happy reading my cupcakes 🧁😋
Ali ❤